Would you like to take up the engineering of the array cable system of one of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry?
Join us and become Array Cable Engineer in Array Cable Managers where you’ll be responsible for the supply and termination work on high-voltage inter-array cables. Array Cable Managers is part of Engineering under EPC, delivering supply and termination of array cables across our global portfolio. Our skilled and dedicated people provide expertise during all stages of the projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage the design, manufacturing and testing – quality assurance – of cable products and related accessories
- ensure that the correct quality processes are in place and are followed at the various manufacturing facilities
- ensure that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices and contractual requirements
- review Non-Conformancy Reports (NCRs), Manufacturing Record Books (MRBs) and witness cable testing in labs and factories around the world
- manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll be responsible for the quality during manufacturing and engineering of the array cable system that connects the wind turbines to the offshore substation.
Your competences include that you
- have experience within engineering and/or testing of high-voltage cables and accessories
- have an international mindset
- have a process-oriented mindset
- are an excellent communicator and speak/write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
You’re a strong initiator who can solve technical issues within a complex matrix organisation. You have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks. Knowledge of submarine cable standards (CIGRE, IEC, ICEA) and quality practices (Six Sigma certification) is a plus, but not a must.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 14 March 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Head of the Array Cables Managers department, by telephone on +45 9955 7336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect significant overseas travel in relation to your work – at times for extended periods. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce, we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices, within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder