Danish National Genome Center is looking for a Section Leader for Operation
Do you want to lead the operations of the Danish National Genome Center’s new national High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure for Precision Medicine? Would you like to ensure operation of a stable and secure data processing unit, which is essential for undertaking ambitious research and treatment of patients, where there is the prospect of being able to investigate an entire genome in just a few hours?
If you can answer yes, apply for a newly established position as Section Leader for Operation at the Danish National Genome Center in Copenhagen.
About the Danish National Genome Center
The Danish National Genome Center primary task is to lay the foundation for the development of better diagnostics and more targeted treatments using whole genome sequencing and will have a national responsibility for develop state of the art infrastructure to enable analysis on big biomedical heterogenous data.
One of the Danish National Genome Center’s main goals is to be on the forefront of new big data solutions in the healthcare domain. The Danish National Genome Center are working with HPC, cloud, network, servers, storage, applications, users, and cross-cutting processes in a linux software environment.
About the position
You will lead a team of more than 10 employees who are highly qualified within operation and development of on the edge technology for Precision Medicine.
You will have overall responsibility for the operations of the HPC system and you will be a key player in building up the new operation together with the specialists in the operations team.
You have considerable experience in designing and developing infrastructure solutions in large companies or larger public institutions, solutions that span HPC, networks, servers, storage, and users. You have a good overview of IT operations and support processes in practice. You know and work for best practice.
We are looking for a candidate who can:
- Lead a team of specialists within IT-operation
- Coordinate and maintain the daily operation of the supercomputer
- Ensure an ever-high level of service and high quality in the solution of operational tasks
- Cooperate with external partners
- Manage suppliers
- Develop infrastructure
- Provide technology recommendations
- Initiate and participate in capacity and upgrade projects on infrastructure components
- Be responsible for operating documentation
We expect you to have:
- Relevant experience in coordinating IT operations, like HPC infrastructures, computer-driven systems and applications or similar.
- Experience in managing, coordinating and reporting a complex IT setup with supplier management.
- Focus on the importance of stable operation, but also for development.
- Are proficient and strong in communication including good English skills.
- Interest in and knowledge of new technologies, trends, processes and best practices.
- Documented results.
We are looking for a candidate that is:
- Persistent. You are a diligent, hardworking person who continues to work and take new initiatives in order to reach a goal.
- Structured. You are systematic in your approach, you plan and organize your work effectively with a clear target in sight.
- Network oriented. You are outgoing and understand how to build relationships in close collaboration with specialists, IT architects, project managers and managers.
- Independent but also a team player.
- A good communicator. You can describe technically complex areas in an easy-to-understand manner.
Working at the Danish National Genome Center
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with focus on the patient, research, innovation and clinical advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position.
The Danish National Genome Center is an organization under the Danish Ministry of Health and is located at Ørestads Boulevard 5, 2300 København S, together with Statens Serum Institute and the Danish Health Data Authority. The organization is expected to have a core of approx. 100 employees including a separate organization in relation to IT infrastructure (HPC systems, etc.).
Terms of employment
Depending on your educational background salary and appointment terms will be bases on either
- the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Federation of Professional Associations (AC) (overenskomst for akademikere i staten) Depending on your academic qualifications and experience there is a possibility of being classified as a special or senior consultant according to appendix 4 “protocol concerning special- and senior consultants” (Protokollat om specialkonsulenter og chefkonsulenter).
- the organizational agreement between The Danish Finance Ministry and the Organisation for Salaried Employees HK/Stat (Organisationsaftale for kontorfunktionærer, laboranter og it-medarbejdere (HK)), according to chapter 5 in the agreement and the collective agreement between The Danish Finance Ministry and the Organisation of Public Employees (OAO-S-Fællesoverenskomsten).
The position is a full time position and is available from May 1st 2019.
Please be advised that it is required that you can pass security clearance by the Danish authorities and maintain the security clearance throughout your employment.
For further information about the position you are welcome to contact head of the infrastructure of the National Genome Center, Peter Løngreen (phone +45 2944 1499 or Adviser Rafal Wolanin (phone +45 9351 1252.
Application and recruitment process
Click “Ansøg” to send your job application with curriculum vitae and diploma / exam certificates before February 18th 2019.
First round of interviews is expected to be held during week 8/2019 and second round of interviews is expected to be held during week 9/2019.
The Ministry of Health have non-smoking working hours.
We encourage everyone who are interested to apply to the position - regardless of age, gender, religion, disabilities or ethnicity.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.