Scour Engineer for offshore wind farms
Would you like to perform seabed morphological studies in a context of offshore cable design and installation, scour protection and rock structures?
Join us and become Scour Engineer in the Scour Team in the Site Investigation Management department where you’ll be responsible for morphological seabed assessments and related works. The Scour Team provides all seabed morphological and scour protection-related assessments and designs. You’ll have direct access to all field data as the department is also responsible for managing site investigations and analysing geophysical seabed surveys for planned and operating wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- analyse seabed mobility for forecasting future seabed levels
- describe seabed conditions and scour potential at cable crossings
- assess observed scour and seabed changes for cables and foundations
- ensure quality of construction by liaising with the installation team
- support R&D activities for method and design optimisations.
You’ll work closely together within the team and across departments.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree within the field of geography/coastal engineering or equivalent
- have an analytical mindset and programming skills for data processing
- enjoy project work with many internal and external stakeholders
- have good social skills
- thrive in an English-speaking international environment.
As Scour Engineer, you combine theoretical understanding of hydrodynamics, morphology and rock structures with practical implementation in the field in collaboration with contractors and quarries.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 30 April 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andreas Roulund, Lead Scour Engineer in Site Investigation Management, by telephone on +45 9955 2421 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Newly graduated candidates and candidates with short or long professional careers are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.