Would you like to take up the technical challenges of improving cybersecurity while ensuring optimal operation of our SCADA systems on offshore wind farms?
Join us and become our new SCADA Engineer in the SCADA team in Operations where you and your colleagues will be responsible for the overall handling and daily operation of all of the Group’s production SCADA, communication and support systems. This includes being responsible for cybersecurity, failure analysis, for the technical management of lifecycle campaigns and for using your specialist knowledge to guide and assist junior members of the team in delivering on the team’s results. The job will also allow you a large degree of freedom and the opportunity to affect your own working day.
You’ll become part of a team that defines and updates all maintenance programmes related to the SCADA and communication systems on the offshore wind farms. Furthermore, we’re responsible for cybersecurity on all systems, and we assist our sites in case of failures on the systems, ensuring that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are completed. These steps enable us to secure asset integrity throughout the fleet of offshore wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- support our sites by managing and following up on technical issues during operation to ensure future integrity and that corrective actions are performed in the optimal way
- ensure the quality of the reporting on integrity issues and risks within the area
- ensure cybersecurity by proactively addressing issues and opportunities, and by supporting the organisation in implementing new equipment
- manage discussions with supplier specialists regarding failure modes and upgrades
- engage actively with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects.
Furthermore, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the development of requirements for future SCADA systems in the construction of future wind farms, to ensure optimal operation throughout the lifetime of the wind farms.
Your competences include that you
- preferably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical/software engineering or similar engineering knowledge
- have experience with maintenance of SCADA systems and networks from a WTG manufacturer (preferably Siemens Gamesa or MHI Vestas), preferably combined with practical knowledge of HV system design on offshore wind assets
- have knowledge within ISO2700x, VGB s-175, NERC-CIP or similar IT security standards
- have experience with failure investigation on SCADA systems, and ideally have solid network knowledge
- speak and write English fluently, while the ability to speak and write German will be considered an advantage.
As a person, your good communication skills allow you to achieve results in teams with many stakeholders. With a keen eye for detail and a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, you focus on adding value and creating results, and you enjoy solving complex and challenging tasks. It’ll be viewed as an advantage if you have experience from within the wind turbine industry. It’ll also be viewed as an advantage if you’re fluent in Danish.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 February 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Troels Rahbek Lindhard, Head of SCADA, by telephone on +45 9955 6319 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.