At Chr. Hansen, we work to improve food and health and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day.
Our success is built on more than 140 years of innovation and a commitment to ensure the wider adoption of natural ingredients. This allows us to expand innovations into new areas, and to continue working towards a better world. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture - and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while taking part in pioneering science. Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We value people who can come up with new ideas and who want to form their own work practice and methods.
We believe that engagement matters, and therefore we strive to make an optimal environment for development by promoting a collaborative culture with the passion to make a difference.
Research Scientist position in infrared spectroscopy and performance automatization
We are looking for a research scientist for a permanent position in the Biochemical Analysis Department within R&D in Hørsholm, Denmark. Chr. Hansen is a world leading company within manufacturing of microbial culture and enzyme-based products for the food and health & nutrition industries. Biochemical Analysis is part of Analytical Solutions, where we play a central role in projects and activities related to new product and new process development, as well as support to application of our products and customers.
The focus of the department is to develop and implement chemical methods as well as perform biochemical analyses for culture and product performance. You will become part of a busy department, and be working across Analytical Solutions, where we help each other, aim for scientific excellence, and provide high value to our customers.
Within the area of method development and quantification:
- Take lead on building infrared spectroscopy as a technology platform in Chr. Hansen as well as participate in development of other related techniques for fast biochemical screening.
- Implementation of automated culture performance tests based on colorimetric methods and image-analysis.
- Setup methods for quantification of important products and metabolites within process screening as well as culture performance testing
- Help with transfer of methods and instruments to other departments in Chr. Hansen.
- Use multivariate statistics to extract information from the data generated
- Coordinate with other departments and communicate the results generated within different projects to ensure alignment of interpretation of results and best experimental praxis.
Your personal profile
- Master and preferably a PhD in analytical chemistry or biochemistry, or a related relevant area.
- Expert in infrared spectroscopy (Data handling, troubleshooting, method development, and theory) as well as chemometrics
- Preferably experience with image analysis and/or automation of methods
- Highly self-motivated as well as a proven team player with outstanding communication and networking skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong programming skills with R and/or Matlab
- Experience with biological systems, fermentation, and/or food chemistry.
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the Biochemical Analysis department.
If you have any questions, please contact Senior Manager, Rikke V. Hedegaard, DKRIHE@chr-hansen.com or +45 4574 7474.
Please apply on-line. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 28st April 2019.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen here
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.