MAN Energy Solutions develop two-stroke diesel and gas engines for some of the largest merchant vessels as well as for power plants around the world. We are committed to achieve clean exhaust emission according to current legislation combined with optimal fuel usage. We design, develop, test and carry out service on these engines. Test activities are carried out at our research facility in Copenhagen and abroad on customer engines at license engine builders (licensees) test beds in South Korea, Japan and China or on-board vessels worldwide.
In the department Research Engineers we are recruiting a skilled Research Engineer, M/B.Sc. Mechanical/Chemical or Marine Engineer with minimum three (3) years of relevant job experience. It is an advantage having experience within MAN Energy Solutions two-stroke engines or general knowledge with internal combustion engine processes.
- Completion of exhaust gas emission measurements, conducted mainly on-site at licensees and at our Research Centre Copenhagen, supporting R&D activities and contributing to product development
- Carry out calculations, review and correct emission legislation and evaluate the accuracy of measured emission results in relation to emission methodologies
- Analyze exhaust gas emission measurement results and report results in relation to quality, regulations and compliance
- Support other departments and licensees regarding regulations, standards and measuring procedures according to IMO (NTC2008 Methodology), EPA and ISO standards
- Develop new exhaust gas emission measurement solutions and procedures in order to optimize the work processes
- Establish measuring technology set-up and develop specific measuring solutions
- Develop specialized emission equipment set-up for new applications
As a Research Engineer in our department, you will also gain knowledge of other advanced measuring technologies and data acquisition within pressure, temperature, strain, vibration and flow.
- M/B.Sc. Mechanical/Chemical or Marine Engineer
- Practical experience with knowledge of or interest in engine combustion processes
- Broad technical understanding
- Knowledge and/or expertise of emission measuring technologies and computer network/platforms
- Service minded, result-oriented with a team spirit as well as a personal drive
- English and Danish language skills required - in written and spoken
- Comprehensive overview as well as detail-oriented
- Curious by nature, flexible
- Team player, proactive, self-employed
- Be able to operate under pressure even if things do not happen according to plan
In the daily work as a Research Engineer, you will need theoretical as well as practical skills. Your ability to work independently is required, as you are to plan and perform each emission measurement by yourself, but still as part of a team at the test facilities, either as main driver or as co-player.
Your new team
You will be part of a dynamic team, in a creative working environment located in Copenhagen. The team executes R&D tests mainly in Asia and travelling activities of approx. 60-100 days per year are expected. We prepare and calibrate our measuring equipment/analyzers as well as set-up the data acquisition system in our dedicated calibration room at the research facility in Copenhagen. The tests on-site at our licensees include planning and co-ordination of test activities together with the licensees, executing measurements, maintaining equipment during tests and dismantling of test equipment after each test period.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Good canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Ansøg” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday, 29 November 2019.
We will conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Manager of the Research Engineers department, Michael Johnsen Kryger by phone on +45 3385 2166.
More information about the company at: www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.