Re-posting Development Engineer
Do you have experience working in LabVIEW? Would you like to be part of our HiL development and be part of a dynamic and innovative team who develops the engine control system for ship engines?
MAN Energy Solutions is leading the market when it comes to the development of two-stroke diesel engines for propulsion of the largest ships in the world. In later years, there has been a large focus on increasing the flexibility of the engine control system via digitalization, and this where you come in.
What am I going to do?
We are looking for a highly engaged person to be a part of our function group, which supports other application engineers in the development of the engine control software. This software is a central part of a ship engine as it controls most parts of the functionality of the engine - for instance, it makes the reduction of harmful emission gasses possible.
As Development Engineer, you will play an important role in the development and maintenance of test walls and test software. Your primary task will consist of developing/programing the simulation software and the surrounding IT systems running on the test walls. More specifically, you will:
- Develop and implement simulation models
- Read electrical documentation (we use PCschematic)
- Develop our general HiL simulation system
- Miscellaneous IT setups regarding our test facilities
You can expect up to 10 days of international business trips a year, typically at locations in India and the rest of Asia.
Who am I?
We expect that you:
- Hold a bachelor/master degree within electrical engineer, computer scientist or marine engineer etc. preferably with a background in control of electromechanical systems
- Have experience with implementation in LabVIEW, and you are willing to spend time improving your LabVIEW skill through online courses
- Have experience with discrete implementations of continuous simulation models within the field of electromechanical/hydraulic systems
- Are a high performer and result orientated in your work for which efficiency is key
In addition, it would be an advantage if you:
- Have knowledge of National Instrument cRIO and possibly WAG
- Have some experience in Python and possibly C++
- Are self-driven and possess the ability to create good and long-range solutions
- Have good communication skills and a high level of professional competence
- Have experience in working with agile methods such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Are open for shifting your primary implementation tool from LabVIEW to another tool
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
We’re approx. 2.100 employees in Denmark. 1.500 colleagues are located at the Danish headquarters located next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You’ll find our R&D center here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. We make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions, hence we contribute to a carbon-neutral economy. We work on the basis of the motto: "Future in The Making". Furthermore, we are the world's leading research center when it comes to the 2-stroke field. Our largest After Sales service center (PrimeServ), our large IT department and a large number of staff functions are placed in Copenhagen. Would you like to be a Future Maker, then get aboard on a ship full of colleagues who are passionate about making a difference.
Who is my new team?
You will be working in an informal environment with a good atmosphere. You will be part of an innovative team, which collaboration with the rest of the department, comprising of nearly 40 skilled engineers, develops the engine control system. There is a widespread willingness to help one another, and the possibility of flexibility to make your day work. We have a good sense of unity and there are social events throughout the year, in which we hope you will take part in.
What can you offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Good roof top cantina with a healthy and varied lunch
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is November 22th 2020. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you are invited for an interview, you will be given a small assignment in LabVIEW, which are to be presented at the interview.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of Department for Control Development System Bjørn Eskildsen at: firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.