For our Offshore Technology DD Platform in Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Brande, Denmark, we are looking for a skilled Project Manager to lead product development projects within Electrical Systems for future offshore wind turbines. You will join a PMO department of experienced project managers in a supportive and professional environment, where we expect to learn from you, just as you can expect to learn from us!
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead technical product development projects with focus on electrical system design: Manage development and implementation of electrical hardware for total solutions in close cooperation with a technical PM and a team of engineers
- Full project responsibility in terms of time, cost and quality delivered - from scoping phase until project closure
- Delivery of technically robust and fully compliant designs to the best possible product cost
- Lead the project team in close cooperation with the technically responsible engineers and the Chief Engineer
- Project breakdown, planning and execution; from top level plans down to executable tasks tracked in monthly sprints
- Project execution in accordance with Siemens Gamesa Technology processes and tools
- Stakeholder and risk management in the project including reporting
- Securing alignment with turbine development projects and across departments/modules to ensure priorities and deliveries
- Coordination with other modules, prototype workshop and supply-chain, as well as with external suppliers and partners
- Continuous improvement of the project development process, as a part of the PM team
- NPI of the developed solutions. Full sourcing and manufacturing setup at suppliers and with Siemens Gamesa plants.
- Ensure close cooperation with Procurement, Production, Installation and Service to guarantee optimal solution for our customers
- To be the best possible ambassador for your project and for the department!
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Background or experience with wind turbine design or application is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Preferably, you have an education within electrical, electromechanical or marine engineering combined with several years of experience of project management, preferable within product development / R&D
- It is a big advantage to have experience with project management of complex projects with multiple stakeholders and suppliers. It is an advantage if you have documented your experience through relevant Project Management certification (for example IPMA B/C, PMP, Prince2 Foundation/Practitioner) and a relevant project track record
- Your leadership style foster development of trust in the organization and to your project
- It is a requirement to have strong communication skills in English, both orally and in writing
- It is natural for you to keep a holistic overview of your project, without missing the important details
- You have experience with or insight and ability to work along the entire value chain - from Sales until the turbine is handed over to customer / Service
- You have a structured approach to your assignments and can handle project scope changes occurring in a dynamic R&D environment to the full satisfaction of your stakeholders.
- You are an excellent planner and is used to networking and creating strong relations
- Ability to apply the commercial angle into the project and related products to deliver projects and products on target cost
- You possess and use the ability to engage stakeholders through strong collaboration
- You are outgoing and proactive, and you possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- You thrive in a multi-cultural environment and you are familiar with working in large matrix organizations
- You possess excellent people management skills, and can interface with numerous parties
- You are prepared for travelling - normally not more than 15-25 days / year
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Søren Mathiasen via phone +45 3037 6110 or email Soeren.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.