Radio Engineer for wind farm communication
Are you all about designing and creating secure and reliable voice and data communications, and would you like to take part in the creation of international wind farms?
Join us and become Radio Engineer in our SCADA Communication department where you and your colleagues in the team will offer specialist support throughout the various phases of a project from beginning to end – even after handover to Operations. You’ll be involved in the different phases from Product Line, where you’ll be assisting in contractual work, but also developing new ideas and concepts, through Asset Projects, where you’ll see your designed systems come to life before handing everything over to Operations.
Your key tasks will be to
- create conceptual designs of radio communication systems for offshore wind farms in Europe, the US and the APAC region
- prepare technical design documentation, including alignment of interfaces with other internal scopes and third parties
- ensure technical specifications are fit for contractual and sourcing purposes
- participate in contract negotiations with our procurement team
- ensure the requested systems are delivered in accordance with the contract and in the required quality.
In addition, you’ll be involved in the investigation of new markets, supply chains and general system development.
You should also expect minor involvement in a system support function.
Your competences include that you
- have hands-on experience with some or all of the following technologies: TETRA, VHF FM and AM, Microwave Link, AIS, ADS-B and LTE
- have a strong foundation in the technical area of RF-based communication
- have experience with technical project management, working with contract documents, technical standards and conceptualising radio setups
- speak and write English fluently
- are proficient in the use of the MS Office suite as this will be your primary tool for the job.
Moreover, it’s an advantage if you have knowledge about tendering procedures and the FIDIC contract framework; you may have experience as a tender engineer or have managed the technical side of large radio integration projects.
You’re a good team player and have a goal-oriented approach to your work. Having a strong personal drive, you’re able to make and implement decisions and to take the leading role in order to achieve results. You can prioritise your tasks and find the appropriate balance between delegation and personal execution of tasks. Offshore experience would also be an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 29 July 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Trankjær Mikkelsen, Senior SCADA Communication Engineer in the SCADA Communication department, by telephone on +45 9955 8932 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect travelling of up to 60 days a year to both national and international sites in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.