Radio Communication Engineer for offshore wind farms
Would you like to take up the technical challenges of ensuring optimal operation of our SCADA and communication systems on offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Radio Communication Engineer in the SCADA team in Operations where you’ll become part of a team that defines and updates all maintenance programmes related to the SCADA and communication systems on the offshore wind farms. This includes cyber security, failure analysis and the technical management of lifecycle campaigns.
Your key tasks will be to
- support our sites through managment and follow-up on technical issues on radio and other communication systems during operation to ensure future integrity and that corrective actions are performed in the optimal way
- secure the quality of reporting on integrity issues and risks within the area
- ensure proactive maintenance on radio and communication systems and support the organisation in the implementation of new equipment
- manage supplier activities and discussions with supplier specialists regarding failure modes and upgrades
- actively engage with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects.
You’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in the development of requirements for future communication systems in the construction of future wind farms to ensure optimal operation throughout the service life.
Your competences include that you
- have the right technical background - preferably a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical/software engineering or similar engineering knowledge
- have experience with maintenance of communication systems, preferably TETRA radios combined with practical knowledge on the following technologies: TETRA, VHF FM and AM, Microwave Link, AIS, ADS-B and LTE systems
- have experience with failure investigation on communication systems, and ideally have a good IP network knowledge
- speak and write English fluently and have good communication skills, enabling you to operate efficiently in an international environment.
As a person, you have a keen eye for detail and a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks. You focus on adding value, creating results and enjoy solving complex and challenging tasks.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 14 February 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Troels Rahbek Lindhard, Head of SCADA, by telephone on +45 9955 6319 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling, including 15-20 days for site visits, in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.