Do you want to be part of our hydrodynamic team developing the world’s most efficient propulsion propeller?
Our Propeller department is growing and thus we seek a propeller designer for a prompt start. You will be part of an experienced and dynamic team responsible for design and development of hydrodynamic product solutions for MAN Energy Solutions. Among other things, the team develops some of the world’s most efficient propeller plants with diameters up to 9 meters. However, the team also designs high-efficient propeller nozzles, rudder bulbs, etc. Besides the team also develops software for own design tasks and simulation of hydrodynamics. High-efficient propulsion propeller plants are among the most efficient contributors to the reduction of CO2 and NOx emissions from the shipping industry.
The work of the group varies between hectic, challenging deadlines of sales- and delivery projects, to R&D projects demanding immersion and a high degree of innovative thought process. We make a point of the fact that in cooperation with a number of universities, the team regularly participates in research projects and we wish that team members present papers and/or participate in relevant conferences during the year. Employees of the hydrodynamic team are located in Frederikshavn and Copenhagen. The present team primarily consists of engineers at PhD and Master level.
- Design propeller plants and propeller blades for specific orders according to the customer’s specification
- Technical feedback with the other employees of the team
- Carry out performance analyses on propulsion solutions in the project phase
- Participate in customer meetings, tank tests and technical seminars
- Participate in specification and development of new hardware- and software solutions
- Participate in design reviews
- Joint responsibility for supply of propeller blade designs with the correct quality, on time and within budget.
- You take an interest in and have a flair for the development of customer specific products
- Presumably, you hold a degree as Master of Engineering or a similar Master’s degree within mechanical, fluid or marine engineering
- You can communicate with the other team members when it comes to technical challenges and details
- You have great focus on quality and the achievement of set goals, both for the team and individual goals
- You are a team player, as one person alone cannot manage our tasks
- You are a skilled communicator in writing and speech in both Danish and English.
- An interesting job in a dynamic, international company with educational and varied tasks at a high international level, where we never run out of challenges
- Applicable continuing professional development and participation in conferences
- Free and independent working conditions with good development opportunities
- Salary according to qualifications, pension scheme and flexible hours.
Location: Niels Juels Vej 15, 9900 Frederikshavn.
For details about the position, please contact Head of Hydrodynamic Design Henrik Marinussen tel. +45 9620 4268. Further information about MAN Energy Solutions can be found on our homepage.
Please submit your application electronically via our homepage (the link in the job advertisement), please also enclose your CV and copies of relevant documents. Please feel free to contact HR Consultant Marianne Koch Fischer on tel. +45 9620 4068, if you have any questions when applying for the job. We look forward to receiving your application no later than 20 April 2019. We will conduct job interviews on an ongoing basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.