Project Technical Manager for product line onshore export cable installation
Would you like to take up the challenges in relation to managing the development of our onshore export cable installation projects across our portfolio worldwide?
Join us and become Project Technical Manager as part of the HV Cable Module Group, in our competent Export Cable Manager department. You’ll be involved in leading projects related to the development and procurement of our onshore export cable installation as well as horizontal directional drillings for our offshore wind farms, and you’ll ensure that our installation solutions towards the cable systems are at the forefront in the market.
We offer a unique opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of very experienced engineers, quality, HSE and sourcing managers and you’ll cooperate closely with colleagues globally. Moreover, working in our Product Line organisation will give you the unmatched possibility to both develop and procure innovative solutions across our portfolio to realise major cost savings and contribute to reduce the cost of the energy.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage a portfolio of projects related to the product development and procurement of onshore cable installation solutions, reporting directly to the HV Cable Module Group Programme Manager
- lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers, quality, HSE and sourcing managers to deliver the projects on time, quality and scope
- identify resource needs and ensure resources in coordination with the Program Manager (PRM)
- detail project members’ responsibility and tasks and delegate tasks accordingly
- manage the design conducted in Product Line and ensure related quality assurance and compliance with national rules and regulations as well as our QA/QC processes.
In addition, you’ll coordinate with other Product Line and Asset Project stakeholders and facilitate cross-organisational optimisation and interface alignment. You’ll also continuously identify, analyse and manage project risks throughout the project, including the implementation of a mitigation plan.
Moreover, you’ll identify development areas for the project team members and ensure engineering and procurement in collaboration with technical managers and contract managers. Furthermore, you’ll manage preparation, review and maintenance of technical and commercial master/standard documents related to the onshore installation scope, such as technical requirements, risk registers, interface registers, time assumptions, cost assumptions, etc. Finally, you’ll secure alignment with relevant Asset Projects to be constructed.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical or civil engineering, physics or similar
- have experience with managing complex projects in relation to cost, time and resources
- have experience in civil works, particularly in onshore cable installation. Experience with HDD works, as well as experience with high-voltage cables and accessories, will be positively evaluated
- have a problem-solving attitude, team working spirit and an outgoing personality
- are a good communicator, speak and write English fluently and have an international mindset.
In addition, you thrive in an international environment, can create good relationships with your stakeholders and have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks. You’re independent and a strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. Finally, it’s an advantage if you’re familiar with international cable standards such as CIGRE, IEC and ICEA.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 27 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Ahrenkiel Vilhelmsen, Manager of the Export Cable Managers department, by telephone on +45 3092 3030 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling to our international offices and sites in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.