The GEA Food division develops and delivers processing equipment to the global food industry. The global demand for our technical solutions are increasing and we are now looking for skilled project managers. We need more people to manage and complete exciting projects within e.g. freeze- and spray drying processes and establishing new processing plants.
At GEA, you will become a part of a large international engineering company with access to best-in-class knowledge and competencies.You will be working closely with dedicated colleagues in an international environment where professionalism and curiosity are the main drivers. We work very closely with our customers who always expect us to deliver top quality solutions. We are 100 people at the Søborg office and around 70 of us work with executing projects.
You will be responsible for all phases of a project from contracting to handover. This includes budgeting, meeting deadlines, and honoring agreed specifications. Besides commercial deliveries to customers, you might also get to manage internal deliveries to GEA sites around the world or be included in internal development projects.
With your local and global colleagues, you will be responsible for meeting customer expectations. This means that your technical and project management skills will be challenged and developed on a daily basis. To secure proper project delivery and handover, you can expect that you will be responsible for the following areas throughout the span of a project:
- Technical responsibility: insight into the various process engineering areas including knowledge of plant layout, P&I diagrams, technical specifications and arrangement plans as well as selection of components and functional descriptions.
- Deadlines: You draw up and coordinate scheduling, deadlines, and milestones. You continuously prioritise to meet agreed deliveries to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Team and resources: Together with the project team and department manager, you will ensure that tasks are planned, prioritised, and coordinated.
- Budgeting: You are responsible for budgeting, change orders, KPI reporting, and timely invoicing and payment in close collaboration with the Supply Chain and Finance departments.
- Quality: As Project Manager you will ensure that necessary quality assurance and documentation requirements are completed and honored. This means that you will drive risk analyses in relation to both project risk and personal safety (FMEA).
- Contracting: When the project is handed over from Sales, you are responsible for upholding an effective client communication and ensuring that the project is being executed in line with the agreed contractual specifications. You communicate with relevant stakeholders, both in writing and orally, and makes sure that e.g. kick-off, reviews, FAT, and meetings are executed.
- Manufacturing: In cooperation with the Supply Chain department, construction- and project engineers, you are responsible for handling critical suppliers and manufacturing of systems, both externally and internally, according to deadlines, quality, and budget.
The ideal candidate
You are structured and capable of making thought out project decisions. You are comfortable in a project team and are experienced in motivating and leading team members in a way that drives necessary progress and results. While having an updated overall technical knowledge, you are also able to deep dive into critical details, where the foundation of your decision making is done by specialists. The project manager role varies by project scale and complexity. Large projects are usually executed by teams, whereas smaller projects are primarily managed and executed by a Project Manager.
You excel in external and internal stakeholder management, where juggling technical solutions, budgeting, quality, and client expectations are key. You are proactive and always ready to go into timely problem solving mode. To succeed in this role, you need to be able to maintain a continuous overview of a project, have excellent communication skills, and use resources optimally. With this in mind, the ideal candidate should have demonstrated the following key competencies in previous positions:
- Structured project management of mechanical and process engineering projects
- Creating fruitful relations with key stakeholders as well as being able to drive proactive communication and coordination.
- Technical understanding of mechanical, process-, and steering engineering
- Persistent and robust
- Analytical and adaptive
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Engineering degree or similar, e.g. chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, bachelor in technology engineering
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience with project management, including financial management and budgeting
- Technical experience in P&I diagrams, specifications, bill of materials and process plants (pumps, valves, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3D CAD and PDM (Inventor and Vault), ERP systems (MS Dynamics AX), and MS Project is an advantage in this role
- Experience from international projects
- A high level of written and spoken English and Danish in a negotiation context
Expect around 40 travel days a year.
If you have further questions for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to Mikkel Rishøj on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.