MAN Energy Solutions is looking for an experienced Marine Engineer and Project Manager for our Copenhagen office to continue execution of a Long Term Service Agreement (LTSA) on a 2-stroke engine on a UK power plant. The Plant is operated on biofuel with a combination of tallow and vegetable oil, i.e. a challenging pioneering project.
As Project Manager you are single point of contact for the Customer’s Representative, sub-contractors and suppliers and is responsible for the overall contract technically and commercially. The Project Manager reports to the Head of LTSA Project Management in Copenhagen.
The core of a LTSA is a Maintenance Plan with pre-defined intervals of inspections and preventive maintenance activities on the Plant and associated delivery of spare parts. These planned services are covered by a fixed fee, which the Project Manager adjusts annually according to an agreed index and invoices monthly.
In case operating parameters come outside the recommended range and/or unplanned events affecting engine operation, the Project Manager is responsible for addressing Customer’s needs by arranging technical trouble shooting, spare parts and service man-power to get the engine back in normal operation as fast as possible. The Project Manager will issue proposals and orders, will manage execution of unplanned services and will follow up on reporting, invoicing and payments.
The Project Manager is responsible for monthly and quarterly technical and commercial forecasting and reporting and for leading meetings and issuing minutes.
The ideal candidate is a great communicator, highly organized, a skilled problem solver, personable and persistent.
- You can identify and understand customer needs and requirements.
- You have the ability to guide the project in the right direction.
- You are able to cooperate across organizational and cultural boundaries in a global organization.
- You appreciate complexity on all levels, e.g. people, tasks, context, methods, systems, processes, etc.
- You can convincingly communicate complex issues to others.
- You work structured and result oriented and you are able to comply with standards.
- You are able to meet required deadlines and thrive in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment through efficiency and prioritization.
- You are a true team player.
- Bachelor degree in Marine Engineering or similar.
- Experience with commissioning, operation and maintenance of 2-stroke engines.
- Experience with commercial project management, i.e. skills in people and task management, time scheduling, forecasting, budgeting, order processing, reporting, invoicing and meeting management.
- Fluency in written and oral Danish and English.
Welcome but not a must:
- Experience with UK power plants and HSE requirements.
- Commercial and project management courses and certification.
- Experience with SAP or similar Enterprise Resource Planning System
Your new team
The LTSA department is part of MAN Energy Solution’s after sales organization PrimeServ, where we sell spares parts, retrofit solutions, services, training and technical knowhow to our customers. We want our customers to experience us as a true partner. One that is easy to do business with. One that really cares about their business. We will be fast and flexible in our response to customer requirements.
MAN Energy Solutions of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Great canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Ansøg” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Wednesday 12 February 2020. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of LTSA Project Management Anne-Marie Petersen by phone on +45. 5199 0313.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.