Product Manager with technical flair and a passion for technology development
As product manager in Oticon, you play a key role in defining and shaping tomorrows most advanced and end-user appealing hearing solution. You will be working at a global headquarter for one of the world’s leading hearing healthcare companies, where you will be driving specific areas of our future hearing care portfolio!
Today, our 10+ Product Managers in the Product & Portfolio Planning team are passionately and deeply engaged in creating state-of-the-art hearing aids, features and connectivity devices in a large international organization with a broad range of stakeholders. Preparing for future challenges and opportunities, we are expanding our team and search for a new highly skilled and experienced product manager.
The team is responsible for creating business propositions, specifying new hearing solutions and providing guidance to the product development processes based on market and customer insight’s and thus, showing the direction for the core business of the Oticon brand.
Identifying opportunities, bringing innovative and market relevant hearing solutions into our product portfolio while advocating customer needs throughout the development process are the main responsibilities of your new job.
Therefore, you must possess the ability to identify and establish highly competitive, ambitious but also realistic business opportunities in our product roadmap, and execute these in corporation with the product project programs in R&D.
The product roadmap must support our overall mission and purpose to increase quality of life for hearing aid users.
To this end, you will be responsible for your own specific solutions and business area(s) in our product road map and your tasks include the following:
- To ensure that the necessary and relevant insights about competitors, market needs and trends are gathered and serves as frontloading to the portfolio planning process.
- To provide our development by clear priorities to ensure that both the products in pipeline and our future product roadmap are most competitive and relevant.
- Work with R&D product owners to decide and secure overall best technology choices and platforms in fulfilling our shared business intents, portfolio expectations, future opportunities and production cost requirements.
- Based on the analyses of market needs, define the unique product characteristics and in the development process act as a trustworthy ambassador on behalf of our customers.
- In collaboration with our international sales companies, bring products from development and production to the market.
Working in a larger organization with multiple stakeholders, you identify and solidify the business opportunities utilizing your personal trades to ensure acceptance and companionship from stakeholders and key-players.
You are familiar with working in Agile development projects and your ability to provide fact based and updated market requirements to the product owners in R&D, brings substance to the projects.
Ideally, you have a commercial or technical background at Bachelor or Master Degree, combined with a minimum of 3 years of experience as Product Manager. Furthermore, experience from a larger, complex organization would be an advantage, as this has probably stretched your ability to network across functions and to deliver the agreed product on time.
Basic skills and competencies as listed below:
- Familiar with basic SW and HW technologies and able to engage into technological discussions and development processes
- Knowledge of user benefit analysis and product development processes
- Commercial experience in doing business cases and solid understanding of product needs and their success criteria to the target audience
- Good communication skills in English, written and oral
Lastly, knowledge of medical regulatory processes is considered advantageous, incl. experience in claims validation processes.
Want to join the team?
If you would like to hear more about the job, you are welcome to contact Portfolio Director Bo Littau on +45 2968 7454.
We will start screening and interviewing candidates continuously, so send your job application as soon as possible. Only applications through our online recruitment portal will be considered.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.