GEA Process Engineering’s Emission Control department in Søborg is searching for a new Process Technologist, with a professional background in chemical engineering or similar. You are already academically experienced - and now you want to take your career to the next level.
As a Process Technologist in GEA, you will be one of the team’s chemical process specialists. Your role will be to support selected licensees and your colleagues with calculations, specialist knowledge and best practice in the sales phase, project execution and commissioning on our Spray Drying Absorption (SDA) projects within flue gas cleaning.
Your main responsibilities will be to create process knowledge, collect data, maintain and develop process tools and support with your knowledge where required. Your work will contain regular calculations of heat and material balances, as well as process optimization, onsite test and trouble shooting. For that reason, it is a dynamic job and you will be involved in many aspects of the projects, where process knowledge on a specialist level is your focus area. The position will include onsite activities abroad and requires up to 20 - 30 travel days per year.
Being a world market leader within spray drying absorption our customers and partners expect that we are experts within our field, which as well counts for our Process Technologist. Based on your educational background as a chemical- or process engineer, we will establish a training program to introduce you to the specifics of our technology and offerings.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you:
- Hold a degree as chemical engineer or a degree in process engineering or similar.
- Are motivated by working with process development and process optimization within the field of flue gas cleaning.
- Enjoy teamwork and are good in collaboration and communication with others.
- Have general interest and knowledge in mechanical engineering solutions, related to the process.
- Share knowledge with your GEA colleagues, licensees and partners.
- Can support projects with test activities and trouble shooting.
- Can take initiative and drive smaller development projects from start to the finish line.
- Are structured and detail oriented - and used to handle and convert test data to experience.
- Master English and can carry out technical conversations in English in foreign cultures.
- Preferably have more than 5 years’ experience from the power or waste-to-energy industry or other relevant industries. Alternatively, you have a similar length of experience related to flue gas path solutions to customers within relevant segments.
- Preferably have knowledge about functional descriptions, programming and parameter settings.
- Preferably have knowledge and experience within IP and patents.
As you simultaneously will support your colleagues in sales, project execution and commissioning, we expect that you can keep the overview and organize your work accordingly.
We are continuously improving the Spray Drying Absorption process and solutions through customer feedback, R&D as well as process optimizations using our inhouse tools. In order to maintain and increase our market share we are now looking for a new Process Technologist.
Who we are?
GEA is a world-leading process engineering group offering equipment and project solutions. The portfolio includes technologies relevant for the Chemical and Pharmaceutical industry as well as for the Food and Dairy industry. GEA Emission Control is a dynamic and international department with 15 colleagues in GEA Process Engineering’s Liquid & Powder Technology Division.
We deliver Spray Drying Absorption (SDA) systems to power plants, within the waste-to-energy sector and for industrial flue gas cleaning worldwide. We cooperate with a global network of selected licensees and partners to deliver SDA plants to our customers while maximizing local supply. The GEA Spray Drying Absorption team located in Søborg, Denmark, is responsible for design and supply of core components as well as the overall process design. We support our partners in exploring new markets and opportunities in a direct dialogue with the customers and assist them during the start-up and commissioning phase of the projects.
Did we spark your interest?
If you can see yourself as Process Technologist in our Emission Control department, kindly click ‘ANSØG’ to access our guided application process where you can submit your data and upload your professional CV and motivational letter. If you would like further information about our department and the announced position, please do not hesitate to contact William Sander on mobile phone +45 30 28 65 10. We are looking forward to seeing you as candidate for the job.
You can see more about the company on www.gea.com.your work accordingly.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.