Process Development Scientist - Human Health and Microbiome Process
Chr. Hansen’s Human Health and Microbiome Process Team is looking for a Process Development Scientist with a strong background in anaerobic microbiology.
The Microbiome Process Team is located at Chr Hansen’s Hørsholm site. The Team is responsible for developing manufacturing processes for probiotic and therapeutic bacteria, with a focus on strict anaerobes, for use in clinical trials. We are a team of scientists and technicians, who work with both Chr. Hansen’s proprietary strains, as well as those of external partners, to develop robust and high yield GMP-compliant procedures.
Your main tasks
As Process Development Scientist you will be involved in both upstream (media development, fermentation) and downstream processes (separation and drying techniques).
Your focus will be on laboratory-scale where you will be responsible for developing and implementing high-through put process which will be extrapolated to pilot- and industrial-scale in close collaboration with other scientists. You will communicate project results and progress in a clear and concise manner to a wide range of stakeholders. In this role, you will work on multiple projects simultaneously and be involved in projects central to driving our innovation pipeline. Your main tasks will be:
- In close collaboration with other scientists in the team you will design and execute high throughput process development (up-and downstream).
- Develop and optimize analytical methods for quantification of strict anaerobes.
- Generate, analyze, summarize, report, and present experimental data in English.
We expect for you to have the following background:
- Ph.D. in microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical/biological engineering with +3 years’ relevant work experience.
Candidates with a related Master’s degree and +8 years’ directly related work experience will also be considered.
- Extensive experience with strict anaerobes and working in biosafety level 2 laboratories is required. Experience with human isolates is an advantage.
- Able to handle and analyze large data sets.
- Skilled in developing and documenting methods and protocols. Guiding technicians to execute these. Experience with GxP is an added value.
- Able to design high-throughput experiments and establish new techniques.
- Experience with process development (fermentation, separation and drying techniques) is an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Independent, organized, able to balance a wide range of activities, resourceful, proactive, and self-motivated.
- You like working as part of a diverse team and will go the extra mile to maintain a good working environment
A position in a highly dynamic and successful company with a competitive remuneration package. This position will allow you to operate at the interface of a breakthrough science area and a high profile business landscape. You will join an international team of motivated colleagues.
If you have any questions, please contact Manager, Wendy Ossieur at +45 5339 3188.
The deadline for application is 28/02/2019. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.