Power System Specialist with a focus on power system stability
Would you like to perform advanced studies and develop tools to ensure the stability of some of the biggest converter-based offshore wind farms?
Would you like to perform advanced studies and develop tools to ensure the stability of some of the biggest converter-based offshore wind farms in the world?
Join us and become Power System Specialist in Electrical System Design and Grid Integration where you’ll be responsible for designing the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms and ensuring grid code compliance. The department comprises more than 30 engineers working in five countries to ensure the electrical integration of our offshore wind farms globally.
We offer a great working environment with a positive working atmosphere in a team working with cutting-edge solutions. We work as a team and help each other and thus benefit from each others’ competences.
Your key tasks will be to
- design and develop concepts for the overall electrical power system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generators
- participate in relevant project meetings and cooperate with other team members on shared issues
- perform power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability and harmonic studies
- perform advanced studies and develop tools for fast assessment of power electronics converter behaviour during steady-state, dynamic and transient events
- engage with relevant Transmission System Operators (TSOs/ISOs) about connection of wind farms to the grid and their impact on design and compliance.
Additionally, you’ll handle other aspects in connection with the projects, e.g. optimisation and cost benefit analyses, support of decision processes, work planning to meet critical milestones, procurement support and, not least, documentation of technical solutions and analyses.
Your competences include that you
- as a minimum have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using tools such as PowerFactory, PSS/E and PSCAD
- understand power system control, stability and operational aspects within renewable generation
- understand power electronics converter behaviour during steady-state, dynamic and transient events
- are flexible, adaptive and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, while maintaining a proactive, result oriented and systematic approach to your work tasks
- thrive in an international environment, are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders and speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 20 April 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Bjarne H. Hansen, Director of Electrical System Design & Grid Integration, by telephone on +45 99 55 41 53 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder