Join our dedicated team, and become part of a company applying state-of-the-art technology to improve the lives of millions of diabetics worldwide.
At RSP Systems A/S, we are developing a non-invasive glucose meter based on Raman spectroscopy. We are striving to bring painless glucose monitoring to diabetic patients all over the world. To strengthen our development efforts, we are looking for a new colleague, who can handle the ever-changing working environment, a research and development company finds itself in.
This exciting work will include the development of optical systems that are field deployable in commercial products. As our new optical engineer, you will:
- Participate in the design and simulation of optical systems comprising of both fiber and free space optics.
- Conduct experiments in order to test and validate components, modules and systems.
- Update and improve our test and validation procedures.
- Evaluate experimental results to compare with theoretical predictions.
- Collaborate with our subcontractors and suppliers and support the supply chain manager in technical decisions.
- Perform electronics tests on image sensors, PCB readout boards, laser drivers etc.
We offer an inspiring position in the optical group, where getting the job done requires not only a strong professional skill set but also ingenuity and creativity. Our working environment is relaxed, informal, and characterized by a strong team spirit where each member has an essential role in the development.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, yet a strong team player, with an innovative spirit and the drive to make a difference. We expect you to have a strong understanding of optical engineering principles, spectroscopy, and lasers. A basic understanding of mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles is a plus.
As the position is newly created, you will be able to affect the direction of the job profile. This also means that no day of work will be the same and that taking initiative must be a part of your personality.
We expect that you have a Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics, possibly a Ph.D. and postdoc experience, and preferably experience in product development from previous positions.
The ideal candidate would have experience with
- Design of optical systems using Zemax
- Setup, alignment, and testing of prototype systems
- Product development in the medical or industrial sector.
- Operation of semiconductor lasers
- General engineering software tools such as MatLab and Python
- Regression models and machine learning for quantitative analysis.
Work location: As our new optics engineer, you will report to the Optical Team Manager and be located in the Southern part of Odense, close to the freeway and public transportation.
Contact and application:
For more information, please contact Michael G. Nielsen over email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly send your application either via mail to our address at Sivlandvænget 27C, 5260 Odense S (address it to HR), in person (to HR), or via the "Ansøg" link (preferably through a secure Gmail account to ensure encryption of your data.)
Deadline for applications is 1 March 2019 but applications are continuously reviewed.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.