Do you want to use your project management skills to help us create a world that runs entirely on green energy?
Join us and become Module Technical Manager in our Wind Turbines Risk & Technology Assessment department in Offshore Wind Engineering, where you’ll be responsible for managing projects focusing on technical due diligence of new products and assessing their readiness for introduction in the Group’s expanding fleet and market.
You’ll be part of a team of skilled engineers and technical project managers primarily focusing on evaluating suppliers and the technical risks and readiness of new wind turbines, ensuring that they can be installed and operated safely and that they’ll meet the business case throughout their lifecycle. You’ll lead a project team consisting primarily of specialists within WTG technical disciplines, design, HSE, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operations.
You’ll follow the product development from evaluation of conceptual design, testing and verification, safety, manufacturing, commissioning, installation, reliability and maintainability. You’ll be the key technical interface with our suppliers and work alongside commercial and sourcing teams in our product development projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage project deliveries, schedules and budgets
- be the key technical interface with WTG suppliers regarding new products
- assess and evaluate products’ technical business case drivers
- handle risk assessment and management of project and product technical quality and safety risks
- be responsible for project resource management plans and for product line modules’ PMI documentation, including quality assurance
- manage project communication as well as project and technical interfaces.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for maturing our processes and tools in relation to the department.
Your competences include that you
- have experience with project management; PMI certification would be advantageous, although not required
- have a master’s degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, management, natural science or similar
- preferably have experience within offshore wind energy, or within offshore engineering disciplines
- have a keen interest in technology development projects, preferably with understanding of and experience within risk management tools and concepts
- speak and write English fluently.
You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a dynamic environment and with a large group of stakeholders. You’re open to collaboration and teamwork, as you’ll work alongside experts from the functional areas. You also have a very strong drive and strive to deliver on stretch assignments.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 February 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Stefano Morosi, Manager of the Risk & Technology Assessment team, by telephone on +45 9955 1063 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.