Metocean & Load Engineer for offshore support structure design
Would you like to join a highly skilled team dedicated to delivering state-of-the-art support structures for our worldwide offshore wind farm portfolio?
Join us and become Metocean & Load Engineer in our Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads team where you’ll be responsible for metocean assessment and load calculations for the design and reassessment of wind turbine support structures. You’ll join a strong group of 30 experts in the Metocean & Loads department in which responsibilities also include our in-house aero-elastic load simulation tool, WTG models, load measurement analyses and load verification.
We offer a unique opportunity to work with industry leaders within metocean assessment, load calculations and essentially all aspects of foundation design. You’ll have great responsibilities, and due to our wide range of technical responsibilities you enter a position where the focus is on your life-long technical and personal development.
Your key tasks will be to
- scope, procure and assess metocean conditions to establish a site-specific design basis for the design and re-assessment of offshore support structures and RNA validation
- prepare and perform load calculations as part of the support structure design process
- cooperate closely with metocean data service providers, structural designers, geotechnical engineers, wind turbine manufacturers and many other stakeholders
- plan and coordinate our project deliverables towards a variety of internal stakeholders.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in engineering and experience in either load analysis of offshore wind turbines using aeroelastic codes or assessment of metocean conditions for offshore structures
- have a thorough understanding of structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, aeroelasticity, stochastic processes and statistics
- are able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and effective manner
- are solution-oriented and thrive by making decisions
- have good coordination skills, excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- show initiative, collaborate easily with colleagues and business partners and provide and welcome feedback.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 5 June 2020 as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mads Bredsgaard Randers, Team Lead of Metocean Assessment and Structural Loads, by telephone on +45 99 55 47 82 or Torben Søndergaard, Head of Metocean & Loads, by telephone on +45 99 55 71 25 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,500 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms and energy storage facilities, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,700 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.