Measurement Engineer, Offshore
Imagine a future where you will be taking an active part in the offshore wind transformation. Join us in this role where you’ll design the best metocean measurements campaigns for our upcoming wind farms, based on requirements from stakeholders across the organisation, including experts in wave assessment, loads analyses, foundation design, and site classification.
Welcome to Measurements
You’ll be part of the Measurement team where you, together with your colleagues, will work closely with suppliers of metocean measurements equipment to ensure that we’re always supplied with the best technologies for our wind farms. We offer an exciting and interesting job where your work will continuously bring you new challenges.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being an enthusiastic member of the metocean expertise area and being part of the in-house knowledge hub for metocean measurement equipment, covering wave, tidal, and ocean current measurements
- working alongside a project manager and other campaign-responsible engineers in designing, executing, and maintaining measurement campaigns in all phases of the wind farm life cycle
- being responsible for metocean equipment, including coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensuring that measurements are of the required quality to match the campaign specification as well as being in close contact with in-house stakeholders and together identify campaign requirements
- being subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects and managing contractors during preparation and execution of campaigns.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education within engineering or the natural sciences
- have good knowledge within the area of metocean measurements, including key technologies such as wave buoys/radars, current profilers, and floating LiDARs
- are eager to learn and build a strong knowledge around all new technologies that can be deployed in the metocean area
- are used to interacting with contractors and accustomed to the procurement process and negotiations
- have a strong analytic capacity when it comes to data, as well as good IT knowledge
- preferably have knowledge of the full life cycle of offshore wind farm projects and experience working in complex matrix organisations.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 27 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jean-Thomas Meyer, Manager in Measurements, by telephone on +45 99 55 61 19 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling to our different sites and occasionally to offshore wind farms with our contractors when systems are installed, commissioned, and maintained.
For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.