Join us and become Measurement Engineer for our metocean campaigns in the Measurements department. Here, you’ll work closely with suppliers of metocean measurements equipment to ensure that we’re always supplied with state-of-the-art technologies and help design the best measurement solutions for our offshore wind farms.
We offer a spot in a team of 15 dedicated employees working closely to optimise various types of measurement campaigns. We take pride in delivering high-quality data to our internal stakeholders and are the trusted advisor for established and new measurement technologies in the Group. In close dialogue with our stakeholders, we strive to identify the best solutions for our offshore wind farms across the globe.
Your key tasks will be to
- be an enthusiastic member within the metocean expertise area and be part of the in-house knowledge hub for metocean measurement equipment, including, but not limited to, wind, wave, tidal and ocean current measurements
- work alongside a project manager and other campaign-responsible engineers in designing, executing and maintaining metocean measurement campaigns in all phases of the wind farm life cycle
- coordinate servicing of metocean equipment, including alignment with the local site HSE organisation
- ensure that measurements are of the required quality to match the campaign specifications and be in close contact with in-house stakeholders to follow up on campaign requirements
- be subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects and manage contractors during preparation and execution of campaigns.
- partake in benchmarking activities to identify state-of-the-art technologies and find the best possible services.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant education within maritime or ocean engineering or natural sciences
- have good knowledge within the area of metocean measurements, including key technologies such as wave buoys/radars, current profilers as well as floating LiDARs
- are eager to learn and build strong knowledge around all new technologies that can be deployed in the metocean area
- are used to interacting with contractors and accustomed to the procurement process and negotiations
- have a strong analytic capacity when it comes to data and good IT knowledge
- preferably, have knowledge of the full life cycle of offshore wind farm projects and experience working in complex matrix organisations.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
If you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 20 April 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jean-Thomas Meyer, Manager in Measurements, by telephone on +45 9955 6119 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling to other sites and occasionally to offshore wind farms with our contractors when systems are installed, commissioned and maintained.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.