Marine Engineers for MAN PrimeServ
Support vessels and shipping companies from our brand new Remote Operations Centre
Are you ready to use all aspects of your technical knowledge in a challenging and exciting position? And are you looking for an opportunity to work with cutting-edge monitoring systems while you monitor several of our two-stroke engines worldwide?
Analyse engine performance through intelligent monitoring
Moving on from manual monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing diesel engines, we count on the possibilities of digitalisation and new technologies. With our own customised monitoring software, you will be able to monitor B&W large two-stroke engines from our HQ in Copenhagen and provide shipping companies and on-vessel marine engineers with valuable information minute to minute.
Thus, you will:
- Validate incoming data on performance, based on e.g. temperature and pressure sensors, compare it to shop test data and plot data in load diagrams
- Compile and present performance reports
- Use trend analysis to assist in preventing failures
- Provide technical insights to support the rest of the organisation and our stakeholders
- Assist in developing the digital service concepts and shaping the unit by providing inputs
Joining a team of 5 manning the Remote Operations Centre 24/7/365, you will be part of a staff rota, covering 12 hour shifts 3 or 4 days a week. This gives you the liberty of more adjoining days off.
Are you ready to work with advanced mechanics - without getting your hands dirty?
We will come to know you as a talented engineer with a profound interest in electronics, hydraulics, automation and mechanics - just like us. You enjoy solving technical issues independently, and you do not hesitate to ask your colleagues for inputs. You know your way around an engine and auxiliary systems, and:
- You hold a technical degree in engineering and, preferably, have some years’ experience as a marine engineer
- Alternatively, you have profound experience from large-scale industries and are ready to change your professional course
- You have solid knowledge of IT
- You communicate effortlessly in English across cultures, borders and organisational levels
All aboard the Technical Service unit
In PrimeServ Copenhagen, 37 highly skilled marine engineers assist owners and managers with maintenance, performance and troubleshooting on our engines both in-house and on the vessels worldwide. As a part of your thorough onboarding, you will join the in-house team and become acquainted with the complexity of our advanced products and have a real-time view of the typical technical issues.
MAN in Copenhagen
We’re approx. 1,400 colleagues at the Danish headquarters, located next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You’ll find our R&D centre here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we’re the world’s leading knowledge centre by far. We also have our largest after-sales service centre (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy, etc.
- Corporate massage scheme
- A good canteen
- A wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Adjoining days off, so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job by clicking ‘Ansøg’ and attach an application letter, a CV and relevant documents. The application deadline is 28 June 2019. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Manager Peter M. Nielsen on +45 3385 2666.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.