Would you like to work for a world leader within renewable energy and take up the technical challenges regarding the design and construction of our offshore substations?
Join us and become our new Low Voltage Power Engineer in Substation Electrical & Commissioning Management where you’ll manage the design and integration of low voltage (LV) and utility components into an onshore/offshore substation design and construction, along with 15 committed colleagues.
You’ll become part of a department which is responsible for LV design and installations, integration management and the commissioning management of electrical installations.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for the design of LV and utility systems on offshore substations during all phases from concept to commissioning
- prepare technical specifications, design basis, lists and calculations for LV and utility components for both onshore and offshore substations
- ensure that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication and principal contractors are of the right quality according to requirements
- participate in FAT/SAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations
- participate in project team meetings and cross-disciplinary cooperation, support supervision and commissioning activities as well as supporting handover to Operation & Maintenance.
Furthermore, you’ll proactively coordinate with other internal stakeholders to secure inputs on time.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore/offshore substations
- have extensive relevant technical design experience, preferably within offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects
- have hands-on experience in LV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing and specifications
- have hands-on experience with tools like ePLAN, ETAP, FEBDOK or Dialux, and extensive experience with relevant international standards
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly.
Moreover, you’re proactive, flexible and enjoy sharing your knowledge within the project group and the entire department. Previous experience in multicultural, international projects is a plus, and you speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment. Finally, you have an extrovert personality and thrive on teamwork, as you’ll be performing cross-disciplinary work and cooperating with colleagues and external business partners.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 5 February 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Senthil Gnanasambandan, Manager of Electrical & Mechanical Substation Design, by telephone on +45 9955 7350 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work. As the organisation is expanding globally, some of our activities will be outside Europe, and you should therefore also expect expatriation outside Europe.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.