Do you want technical leadership responsibility, ensuring that we continue to deliver world-class protection for our transmission systems globally?
Join us and become Lead Specialist in Transformers & HV Components Protection Systems where you’ll have the technical expertise to approve business-critical design and become the technical focal point of contact for stakeholders on strategic decisions related to Electrical Protection Systems. We deliver high-quality protection systems with a strong focus on reducing costs through technological advancement and standard solutions.
We offer a dynamic work environment where you can develop your technical skill and leadership competences. You’ll have plenty of opportunities for self-development and for contributing to the development of the team.
Your key tasks will be to
- provide technical leadership and direction within the THC Protection Systems area and secure the development of technical solutions that match the business needs
- drive market intelligence and the mapping of new technology needs
- provide decision makers with the technical information necessary to make sound business decisions with regards to protection systems
- minimise implementation and QHSE risks from new technologies and concepts in collaboration with the team
- ensure the quality of the department’s deliverables by reviewing and signing off on critical documentation
- prepare, roll out and maintain material to support the protection engineers’ work, e.g. processes, standards and templates.
Overall, you’ll impact the organisation by driving technical development and innovation as well as securing the company’s business interest through sound technology implementation.
Your competences include that you
- have a PhD or a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have an excellent understanding of and experience with technical aspects related to protection systems
- have experience with technical leadership and are motivated by accomplishing results together with a team
- know how to navigate in a complex global matrix organisation with very skilled professionals
- possess great communication skills, including writing specifications and scientific papers as well as giving oral presentations
- have a strong business understanding and customer focus.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 30 April 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Katrine Heilmann, Manager in THC Protection Systems, by telephone on +45 99 55 78 30 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect travelling to the US, Asia-Pacific and around Europe in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder