Are you driven and motivated by ensuring top performance of technical complex offshore wind farms and by having a close bond with all operating sites and suppliers?
Join us and become Lead Fleet Manager in Fleet Support where you’ll be responsible for ensuring a close bond between the OWP assets in operation and the technical functions in Operations. Fleet Support is responsible for delivering technical advice on wind turbine operation and maintenance and supporting our sites with projects and plans for corrective maintenance within our Operations business area. The department consists of experienced specialists within the technical wind farm platforms that we have in operation across our different geographies.
Your key tasks will be to
- drive a strong HSEQ culture
- develop a clear and visionary strategy with goals and objectives for each WTG platform regarding minor corrective downtime drivers
- partake in improvement and conceptualisation of support to sites
- drive strategic cost-based prioritisation of breakdowns and technical issues on wind farms
- control and follow up on realised potential (effectiveness of implemented solutions).
Furthermore, you’ll participate in negotiations of and/or approve relevant agreements for OEM and third-party support. You’ll ensure that knowledge from design review and improvement projects is implemented into the platform inspections, surveys and turbine operations, and you’ll drive knowledge sharing between sites on the platform. You’re expected to develop Service Level Agreements for support between sites and back-office functions. You’ll maintain an updated performance data overview for sites, keep KPI progress tracking on performers, and you’ll develop a Roles & Responsibility matrix (RACI) defining collaboration between sites and the back-office support function.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant bachelor’s/master’s degree within engineering or equivalent
- have substantial management experience, as well as substantial experience within O&M and the wind industry
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- are able to leas a team working out of the office and abroad
- speak and write English fluently.
You have a strong commercial understanding, strong management skills and a solid customer focus. Furthermore, you have good IT skills and strong presentation skills.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 15 September 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Christensen, Head of Fleet Support, by telephone on +45 9955 4085 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.