Do you have a passion for data and how to run data management for optimal quality and business value generation? And would you like to work with data as assets in a company on an exciting digitalisation journey where you’ll spearhead data disciplines across our shared data environments?
Join us and become Lead Data Manager in Advanced Analytics where you’ll work with the in-house Data Lake team and ensure governed and secure management of data on our platforms in the processes of onboarding and managing the lifecycle of data. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues on projects and in Agile Release Trains (SAFe) to safeguard the availability and quality assurance of data.
The Advanced Analytics team is one of five teams in Architecture, Data & Technology in our Group’s IT department, and the team consists of 26 professionals within the areas of data management, data engineering and data science. Our team is committed to delivering on the Group’s Digital Strategy, ensuring data availability and transformations of data, allowing the construction of diverse capabilities such as analytics, model management, machine learning, etc. supported by cloud technology and contemporary analytics tools.
Your key tasks will be to
- own and drive the data governance disciplines fostering a culture of data quality and awareness
- set the standards and facilitate the onboarding of data on the Group’s Data Lake, ensuring that requirements for quality, availability, compliance and reusability are met
- identify and liaise with data owners and make certain that access and retention requirements are captured and documented during data onboarding
- act as facilitator between consumers and providers of data, enabling clear communication and process adherence
- take ownership of the maturation of our shared data catalogue, enabling self-service to the Data Science community across the Group.
In addition, you’ll help drive developments and improvements of data-related policies and procedures across the department.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive experience with data and information management (processes, governance, principles and tools) from inside a large company and/or relevant roles in consulting
- have worked hands-on with large data sets, converting/transforming data across platforms
- have a solid business understanding of data, ideally from working in data-heavy industries, and are swift to understand and translate data needs into desired solutions
- are structured and analytical by nature and have a flair for detail
- understand how to balance strict governance with flexibility to achieve the benefits of both.
Furthermore, you can interact with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
As a person, you’re a team player, willing to learn new technologies and methods and happy to drive progress, and you can engage and motivate team members around you while delivering high-quality solutions. You speak and write English fluently, and if you’re already familiar with IT disciplines like Agile, Scrum and SAFe®, that’s a plus.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 31 August 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Hedegaard-Blaaberg, Head of Data & Advanced Analytics, by telephone on +45 9955 4081 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.