Would you like to be part of the process of bringing the Danish National Biobank IT systems to the next level of automation and flexibility in order to support biomedical researchers in better access to the available biological samples and datasets?
About the Danish National Biobank
The Danish National Biobank was established in 2012 at the Statens Serum Institut and is a research infrastructure within the Cluster of Research Centers launched by the Novo Nordisk Foundation. Our biobank is among the most advanced in the world and stores around 10 million samples of blood, tissue and other biological materials. This infrastructure includes a national web-based system (Danish Biobank Register) that provides an overview of biological samples stored in Denmark and available for research. The system links multiple data sources including the Danish registries, national databanks and local biobank databases. Moreover, the IT team at the Danish National Biobank takes care of automation of processes, development of internal IT solutions as well as integration of robots and automated freezers with the central biobank system and database.
As the IT solutions developer in our team, depending on your qualifications, you will be involved in:
- Development of our future web-based & service-oriented, central Biobank Management System
- Development and maintenance of our existing internal IT systems and extensions
- Implementation of ETL processes and data extractions
You most likely hold a degree related to IT or relevant work experience within the field.
Moreover, you have skills and experience with one or more of the following areas:
- .NET / C# / ASP.NET Core & Razor Pages
- CSS / JS / jQuery / HTML
- Responsive UI design
- SQL / SSIS / SSAS / SSRS.
Furthermore, we expected that you are a dedicated team player, with ability to work in a dynamic environment. You speak fluently either English or Danish.
Terms of employment
Depending on your educational background, salary and appointment terms will be based on either
- The collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) (overenskomst for akademikere I staten). Depending on your academic qualifications and experience there is a possibility of being classified as a special or senior consultant according to appendix 4 (protocol concerning special- and senior consultant).
- The organizational agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Organization for Salaried Employees HK/Stat (Organisationsaftale for kontorfunktionærer, laboranter og it-medarbejdere (HK)), according to chapter 5 in the agreement and the collective agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Organization of Public Employees (OAO-S-Fællesoverenskomsten).
The position is permanent and a full time position.
For further details and information, please contact IT Manager Bart Wilkowski, +45 3268 5175
Your application must be submitted electronically by clicking ”Ansøg” below. Please include cover letter, CV and other relevant documents. Interviews are expected to take place in week 37 and 38.
From January 1st 2018, Statens Serum Institut have non-smoking working hours and a smoke- free campus.
We encourage everyone who are interested to apply to the position - regardless of age, gender, religion, disabilities or ethnicity.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.