Internship in the field of material characterization of 3D printed stainless steel
Are you looking for an internship in autumn 2020? Now is your chance to work in one of the emerging areas of material science – Additive manufacturing.
This is your chance to work with some of the sharpest minds as you do an internship focusing on material characterization of 3D printed stainless steel. You become part of Grundfos Core Technology team – Mechanics and Materials. Here, you will meet 20 colleagues responsible for mechanical, simulation and material development across Grundfos. Your daily contact will be with the 3 corrosion specialists in the team. As a part of our team, we guarantee a steep learning curve and we look forward to sharing our knowledge with you – but more importantly hear about your ideas.
What is the job about?
We believe that everyone in Grundfos has passion and potential – as well as the power to influence. This is the environment where you will do your internship. We imagine that you will work with material characterization of 3D printed stainless steel. You will also be included in our wide range of technical support activities, where the assignment can vary from failure analysis, material optimization, corrosion investigation, etc.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform a deep assessment of the corrosion properties of 3D printed stainless steel compared to conventionally produced wrought and cast materials.
- Conduct systematic metallographic characterization of printed parts.
- Evaluate surface treatments and printing parameters influence on the properties of the material.
We expect the internship will start in August and end in January. You will be working for 37 hours per week at our headquarter in Bjerringbro, but we are of course ready to schedule your working hours around exams and school work. There is a possibility of working from home on agreed days.
What do you need to apply?
- You are studying at bachelor level within chemical or mechanical engineering and possess knowledge within material science and characterization. If you have skills in electrochemistry, Scanning Electron/Light Optical Microscopy, it will be an advantage.
- You show initiative and work proactively and independently on new assignments, as this will help you make the most of your time with us.
- You have an international outlook and speak and write English fluently.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. Joining us in your internship, you too can drive this change while improving both your skills and resume. You become part of one big powerful team in an inspiring, learning environment - an opportunity you do not want to miss.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Corrosion specialists, Sunday Chukwudi Okoro or Phillip Hjelmeborn Kaae at +45 2917 6303 or +45 6042 9761.
If this sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than 30th of April by clicking on the link “Apply for this job”. We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder