Do you want to be part of a team developing the world’s most efficient propulsion propeller? Do you have flair for developing customer specific products? Then we have the perfect position for you! Our Propeller department is growing and we are therefore looking for a Hydrodynamic Design and Research Engineer who wants to join us on our journey of reducing CO2 emissions within the shipping industry.
As our new Hydrodynamic Design and Research Engineer, your main focus is to:
- Design hydrodynamic propeller plants and propeller blades for specific orders according to customer’s specification
- Give technical feedback to the other employees of the team
- Carry out performance analyses on propulsion solutions in the project phase
- Participate in customer meetings, tank tests and technical seminars
- Participate in specification and development of new hardware- and software solutions
- Participate in design reviews
- Be jointly responsible for supply of propeller blade designs with the correct quality, on time and within budget.
“The daily work of the group varies between challenging deadlines of sales and delivery projects, to R&D projects demanding immersion and a high degree of innovative thinking processes.” – Henrik Marinussen (Head of Hydrodynamics Design).
- You take an interest in and have a flair for the development of customer specific products
- You have great focus on quality and the achievement of set goals, both individually and for the team
- You are a team player, as one person alone cannot manage our tasks
- You are a skilled communicator in writing and speech in both Danish and English
- You can communicate with the other team members when it comes to technical challenges and details
- Presumably, you hold a degree as Master of Engineering or a similar Master’s degree within mechanical, fluid mechanical or marine engineering
Your new team
“You will be part of an experienced and dynamic team primarily consisting of engineers at PhD and Master level. The team is responsible for design and development of hydrodynamic product solutions for MAN Energy Solutions.” – Henrik Marinussen (Head of Hydrodynamics Design).
Among other things, the team develops some of the world’s most efficient propeller plants with diameters up to 9 meters. The team also designs high-efficient propeller nozzles, rudder bulbs, etc., and develops software for own design tasks and simulation of hydrodynamics. High-efficient propulsion propeller plants are among the most efficient contributors to the reduction of CO2 and NOx emissions within the shipping industry.
We strive to design the best propulsion plants in the world and regularly participates in research projects, in cooperation with a number of universities. We wish that team members present papers and/or participate in relevant conferences during the year.
Employees of the hydrodynamic team are located in Frederikshavn and Copenhagen. You will be located in Frederikshavn.
MAN in Denmark
We’re approx. 2.100 employees in Denmark. 500 colleagues are located in Frederikshavn, where we work with design, development, sales and service. We develop, among other things, aft-ship products with special emphasis on state-of-the-art propeller systems. We’re also test centers for new and existing engines. In addition, we work with offshore sales as well as after sales of spare parts (PrimeServ) and the technical service thereof.
MAN Energy Solutions of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job by clicking on “Ansøg” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday the 13th of March 2020. We will conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of Hydronamics Design, Henrik Marinussen by phone on + 45 9620 4268 or our HR Recruitment Partner, Marianne Koch Fischer by phone on + 45 9620 4068.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder