HV/MV Engineer for building transmission systems for offshore wind farms
Would you like to help us ensure high quality, efficiency and continuous development within wind power in building the future transmission systems for our offshore wind farms?
Join us and become our new HV/MV Engineer in the Transformers & HV Components department (THC) where you’ll be responsible for the HV components in the transmission system between the wind turbines offshore and the grid onshore, ensuring grid connection to offshore windfarms.
Together with competent colleagues, you’ll provide electrical engineering services to our offshore wind projects worldwide. In the THC team, we’re responsible for the design, procurement, contract execution and final handover to OFTO and O&M as regards HV components, e.g. switchgears, transformers, reactors, filters and protection systems.
Your key task will be to
- collaborate and coordinate tasks with project members and suppliers of HV components
- align and optimise electrical and physical interfaces with key stakeholders such as the structural engineering department etc.
- ensure the quality of HV component deliverables and progress in compliance with project schedules and budgets
- develop technical requirements and tender documents, run and evaluate tenders, execute contracts and perform detailed design together with our suppliers for HV components
- coordinate during FAT, installation, SAT, SIT, energisation and commissioning of substations.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering with a thesis in high-voltage power
- understand electrical system design requirements and solutions in HV transmission systems
- have experience with scope management and project execution with HV components and transmission systems, ensuring projects are delivered within the required schedule, cost, scope and quality
- have personal drive combined with a structured, proactive and responsible approach to your work
- have an extrovert personality, collaborative approach and thrive on teamwork as you’ll be performing cross-disciplinary work and cooperating with colleagues and external business partners
- speak and write English fluently.
You’re totally excited about working in a strong global environment with colleagues, suppliers and projects all over the world. You enjoy traveling and might also be driven by the opportunity to be expatriated.
You enjoy sharing your knowledge with both your colleagues in the project group and the entire department.
Furthermore, it’s an advantage, if your professional skills are based on relevant work experience with 150kV-400kV substations.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 15 March 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Ole Kjær, Manager of Transformer & HV Components, by telephone on +45 9955 5417 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.