Wind Turbine (WTG) Installation Manager or Junior WTG Installation Specialist for our wind turbines
Do you want to work for a global leader within offshore wind?
Join us and become WTG Installation Manager or Junior Installation Specialist in Offshore WTG Installation where you’ll be responsible for either delivering the technical content of contracts for the execution of our WTG installation and/or working with the product line group to provide portfolio savings and improvements.
In the department we use our know-how in all phases of our offshore wind turbine projects - from the early development phase through the construction phase to operation and maintenance. Safety is a focus area in everything we do.
Your key tasks will be to
- report to the project WTG package manager during the project execution phase and assist the package manager during Pre-FID phase
- work with the product line project managers
- liaise with the line management team organisation and lead specialist to share knowledge and information, assist monitoring, troubleshooting and facilitating resource management
- make recommendations to the wind turbine and installation vessel supply agreements concerning WTG installations and act as WTG scope main point of contact with the Marine Warranty Surveyor
- liaise with the site and commissioning team regarding installation interfaces.
In addition, you’ll visit onshore and offshore sites as required and check that the port access, pre-assembly area, quayside and soil conditions are suitable for WTG installation scope of work.
Your competences include that you
- have relevant technical qualifications – ideally within naval architecture, engineering or a marine qualification, preferably to degree level
- have experience with, knowledge of and/or qualifications in LOLER and CDM regulations - equivalent knowledge of Danish or German legislation is also advantageous
- have experience with playing a key role in a construction project, for example as installation manager, installation engineer or project engineer
- experience with naval architecture, marine construction, WTG installation, offshore engineering and/or marine contracting is preferable
- have received GWO offshore access and safety training during offshore construction, although equivalent qualifications can be considered, and we’ll refresh any that are out of date.
Furthermore, you have some experience with marine operations or wind construction, possess good written and verbal English skills and are team-oriented and safety and quality focused. You’re good at numbers, demonstrate strong organisation skills and are a competent user of Microsoft Office. Ideally, you speak and write Danish or German, however this is not essential. In addition, experience with AutoCAD, Primavera and Synergi is an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 July 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rosie Walter, Resourcing & Talent Team Lead, by telephone on +44 7891 406970 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our offices and sites primarily in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark, but also in the US and Asia. You’ll also be expected to work offshore for short periods during the construction phase.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.