Do you have a proven track record as line manager for a project management department, and can you lead highly skilled project management professionals by example?
Join us and become Head of our Wind Farm Project Management team in Wind Farm Engineering where you’ll be responsible for a team of eight project managers working across our assets.
The Wind Farm Project Management team is made up of skilled and dedicated people with very different backgrounds and skillsets, and the things that unite us are strong project management skills and our ambition to raise the bar at all times. The team is part of a functional area delivering project management and engineering services to our future offshore wind projects. One of the core tasks is to obtain the information needed to enable the rest of the organisation to build and run an offshore wind farm through our measurements.
You’ll join a leadership team with diverse backgrounds and a joint focus on reaching our goals together and ensuring customer satisfaction. Your department will consist of approximately eight project managers and is part of the Wind Farm Engineering group delivering engineering services across our value chain.
Your key tasks will be to
- provide clearly visible and participating leadership for the department
- coach and support your employees to ensure delivery of tasks on time, within budget and of the right quality – both in theory and when reality hits
- recruit and train people and manage people development to ensure provision of skilled and competent resources for managing projects in an international environment
- ensure quality assurance of work performed by the department
- take ownership of and execute projects yourself from the department’s project portfolio - both from the office and on site.
Furthermore, you’ll motivate your team and drive the team’s and the overall department’s performance towards the overall company goals. You’ll maintain and develop concepts, tools, processes and knowledge, including lessons learned in best practice. You’ll also drive some projects in the department’s portfolio yourself as project manager. You’ll support the Head of Wind Farm Engineering in driving strategic development activities, and you’ll plan and man future pipelines for projects.
Your competences include that you
- above all, are a leader who will actively lead your team and assigned projects in the office and on site
- have proven experience as a successful line manager for project managers
- are not afraid to take on tasks and scope outside your own area of expertise and are motivated by the steep learning curve that follows
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, economics, leadership or similar
- have significant project leadership experience yourself from a strong matrix organisation and have experience with large multidisciplinary CAPEX projects, preferably from the offshore industry.
In addition, you have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influence business performance. You’re a strong communicator and excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way. You’re able to drive yourself and your team forward and to ensure cross-organisational collaboration to allow innovation and improvements. You manage change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better. As we operate in a highly international environment, it’s essential that you speak and write English fluently. Certification in project management at PMI or IPMA level is an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 10 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Carsten Baun Høst, Director of Wind Turbine Project Management, by telephone on +45 9955 6765 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.