Are you good at influencing the process, setting direction, inspiring and motivating people?
Join us and become Head of Substations Structural Engineering Management where you’ll be responsible for setting the direction for the department and preparing its strategy. The department, which consists of 12 technical managers, is working globally and is responsible for the technical scope of our offshore substations in relation to all matters regarding structural steel design, general layout, mechanical equipment as well as fire and safety. The team follows a project through its stages from development until handover to operation and maintenance, including design follow-up during fabrication and installation.
Your key tasks will be to
- set the direction and work out the strategy for the department, including securing the department’s support for the global expansion
- provide simple and cost-efficient solutions built on a safe mindset; this includes developing an innovative culture and capabilities
- provide skilled and competent resources with the right mindset for programmes and projects
- be involved in the review of projects – budget, resources and technical solutions - including raising risks and proposing mitigations to ensure the progress of projects
- maintain and develop concepts, toolbox and knowledge, including lessons learned and best practice.
Furthermore, you’ll recruit and train employees and manage people development, including coaching and sparring. You’ll also participate in supplier assessments and key account meetings on request.
Your competences include that you
- have experience as a manager from design consultants, developers or fabrication contractors within the offshore wind or oil and gas industry
- have a master’s degree in structural or offshore engineering
- have a sound understanding of what drives the structural design of offshore topsides and substructures
- have strong skills in writing/formulating technical documents so they are easily adopted by others
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
In addition, you’re able to build strong credibility through business insights and leadership. You’re clear, visible and courageous in your leadership style. You have a highly developed ability to foresee possible obstructions which may affect the progress of the project, you’re dedicated to performing at a high level, and you’re able to motivate the team and stakeholders to deliver within deadlines. You have excellent insights into the planning of the engineering tasks to be performed and the impact of changes, enabling you to guide the team. Furthermore, you have a proactive mindset and reach out to our stakeholders and customers to ensure timely delivery with the right quality.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 18 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ronnie Brandstrup, Director of Substations Engineering & Fabrication Management, by telephone on +45 9955 6777 if you’d like to know more about the position.
As many of our future projects may be located outside Europe, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.