Since our team is located in different countries, this job could be located in Hamburg (Germany), Brande (Denmark) or Madrid (Spain).
Your new role
- You are globally responsible for the definition and implementation of our sourcing strategy within the area of Switchgears and SCADA systems, which also includes the establishment and maintenance of relationships with various existing or potential suppliers
- You will prepare, conduct and lead negotiations for your area to obtain highest feasible savings while ensuring on time supply of materials which fulfils quality requirements
- Your new role includes selection and negotiation with global suppliers (incl. documentation, communication, strategic evaluations, qualifications and development)
- Establishing cost control and cost transparency in the defined area is also part of your responsibility
- Furthermore, you will produce price forecasts and internal figures to supply budget data for corporate planning and reporting, including coordination of targets, budget, forecasts and negotiation concepts with regions
- You will maintain regular contacts with interface partners such as Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Supplier Quality departments and other internal stakeholders
- Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through tailored risk management and change management
- Last but not least you will drive achievement of improvements (cost, quality, on-time supply, product performance) through cross-functional alignment with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- You have a relevant University degree and relevant professional experience (minimum of 5 years) within the areas of strategic procurement, procurement management or supply chain management, preferably from an international company
- You are a skilled negotiator with strong analytical and outstanding communication skills
- You assume accountability and ownership for the results for assigned tasks in an dynamic, high cost sensitive and highly competitive industry
- As a person you are independent, open minded and proactive and you have a systematic and structured approach to your assignments
- You are a dedicated team player with leadership skills thriving in a dynamic environment with many cross-cultural interfaces
- Additionally, you have excellent English skills both orally and in writing and you are an advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point and SAP, experience in usage of eProcurement tools (eRfX, eAuction/ eBidding) is highly beneficial
- You are willing to perform business travels globally up to 20% of your working time
What we offer you
- Meaningful activity with scope for action in an internationally growing company
- Attractive remuneration (collective tariff agreement)
- Flexible working hours as well as the option for home-office
- Positive working atmosphere characterized by team spirit as well as an open and cooperative working atmosphere
- Freedom to put your own ideas into practice
- Personal and professional development
- Employer-funded pension
- Other offers for employees such as subsidized HVV-ProfiTicket, local cantine, employee discounts and much more
Siemens Gamesa places great value on equal employment opportunities.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.