Formulation Specialist with expertise within bacterial cultures
Our Stability & Technology department in the Process Innovation area is looking for a specialist within formulation of bacterial cultures.
Process Innovation sets the standard within production of bacterial cultures in Chr. Hansen. The function has extensive expertise regarding development of robust and feasible fermentation and downstream processes for production of bacterial cultures. Our core activities are to create fermentation and downstream processes in pilot scale in order to up-scale and implement in Chr. Hansen’s culture plants globally. For this work the department has laboratories and access to Pilot Plant facilities suitable for extensive experimentation, data logging and the use of advanced techniques for measurement of biomass quality.
In our Stability & Technology department you will reinforce the existing team of 7 competent and engaged colleagues working in a creative environment. The department cooperates with customers, colleagues, universities and research institutes both nationally and internationally.
This is an outstanding and unique scientific position where your responsibilities will count:
- Set the standards for formulation technology of bacterial cultures at Chr. Hansen
- Formulating and stabilizing bacterial cultures for multiple applications
- Conducting downstream processing studies, validation activities, and characterization activities of biologic products
- Implementation of the new processes in the production plants in close collaboration with colleagues in production and engineering functions
- Create innovation in the field of formulation of bacteria
- Implement the processes in large scale including production
- Trouble-shoot problems in production within drying of bacteria
Your personal profile
The ideal candidate holds a relevant PhD or M.Sc. degree and preferably you have a physical chemistry background.
We don’t have a strict requirement to seniority, as we can design the position to fit the right candidate, so please feel free to apply if you have formulation experience, ideally from formulation of bacteria, alternatively from formulation of sensitive biological compounds - Either from industry or from an academic environment. We prefer if you also have knowledge of and working experience with drying processes.
We work in cross-functional projects, therefore responsibility, engagement and team playing are core values for you - as it is for us.
As a person it is essential that you are quality-conscious, work independently and systematically with a high level of documentation of your work.
For more information and application
If you have questions you are welcome to contact Anders Clausen at +45 6043 3467 or Susanne Grøn at +45 2249 5152.
Deadline for applications is February 3rd, 2019.
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here: https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/career
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.