We are a leading international provider of classification, compliance & consultancy services to the marine & offshore industry, helping our customers design, construct & operate their assets to the highest levels of safety & performance. We are shaping the industry’s future through the development of novel & innovative technology for the next generation of assets, while continuing to deliver solutions for our customers every day.
Our customers look to us for engineering expertise with a solution-based approach to reducing risk; ensuring they can operate efficiently and safely in the harshest of environments. You will be part of a team of passionate technicians, independently visiting sites to assess the design / production / in service aspects of engineering assets, using procedures, experience and knowledge appropriate for routine situations.
You will draw on your experience to score marine assets against relevant standards, inspecting, approving and assessing installations, parts of installations, reparations and/or products whether new or in service.
- Conduct relevant activities and provide advice for service delivery within own area of experience, adhering to budget constraints and contractual requirements.
- Produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in a defined format to time, budget and to quality.
- Discuss and present the deliverable with the internal / external client and be able to suggest solutions where appropriate.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
- Pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.
- Assess or recommend the time and value of the work to be undertaken for an external client, assisting in identifying the most appropriate fee and cost structure.
- Give guidance to other employees, as appropriate, and disseminate information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- Assist in service delivery improvement by communicating internal / external client feedback as appropriate.
- Ensure that the appropriate authorisations are gained and are kept up to date.
- Undertake routine administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
You will need:
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register within the relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum of two years programme) or Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s officer.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Working towards or achieving charted or incorporated engineering status.
- To work in accordance with professional codes of conduct and the LR Code of Ethics in IMS01.
- To use a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to apply existing and emerging technology.
- To be able to apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to design, develop, manufacture, construct, commission, operate and maintain engineering products, processes, systems and services
- To provide technical and commercial management, e.g. project management, process management.
- Proficiency in the English language commensurate with the work.
What we can offer:
- An interesting and challenging job in an international environment
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development
Who we are
LR is a professional services company specialising in engineering & technology solutions that improve the safety & performance of complex, critical infrastructure. Our technical expertise is supported by more than 258 years of heritage from our beginnings as a marine classification society. We now operate across multiple industry sectors in over 75 countries employing 6,745 employees supporting 60,000 customers.
Working together for a safer world lies at the heart of why we exist & what we strive to achieve
Lloyd’s Register Foundation, has at its heart a mission to enhance the safety of life & property through its strategic themes of: supporting excellent scientific research; accelerating the application of research; promoting safety & public understanding of risk; & promoting advancement of skills & education. Successfully & effectively meeting our clients’ needs generates the capital to reinforce this mission.
We started out in 1760 as a marine classification society. Today, we’re one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology – improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for customers in over 75 countries worldwide. The profits we generate fund the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a charity which supports engineering-related research, education and public engagement around everything we do. All of this helps us stand by the purpose that drives us every single day: Working together for a safer world
Are you interested in this job?
Apply now via the 'apply' button.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Julien LANGE (Corporate Recruiter North Europe) M: +33 6216 2182 or email email@example.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder