Femern A/S is looking for a Construction Coordinator
Are you able to coordinate construction methodologies and procedures in a mega construction project like ours: The world’s longest immersed tunnel
Are you able to coordinate construction methodologies and procedures in a mega construction project like ours: The world’s longest immersed tunnel – an 18 km long tunnel across the Fehmarnbelt between Denmark and Germany?
Then join us and become a Construction Coordinator at the owner’s organisation Femern A/S.
In Femern A/S you will get a unique opportunity to be a part of making a historic mark in the landscape. When the tunnel is finished, it will connect the Nordic Countries and the rest of Europe and create a completely new region, where 10 million people will get new possibilities to work, study, trade and create growth.
As a Construction Coordinator, you will have to focus on the internal process in handling the review of the contractors’ execution method plans and on-site monitoring to ensure that execution and contractors’ own control of the construction works are in accordance with requirements.
You will manage and coordinate a variety of administrative activities within the construction process and take responsibility for managing workflow and daily tasks to support the smooth functioning of the team.
Working alongside the Construction Manager, you will be responsible for the coordination that involves managing and monitoring the Tunnel Contract work, building the production facilities, producing the elements, handling of elements offshore, finalising works inside the immersed tunnel and much more.
Your key tasks will include
- Participation in site executing meetings where you are responsible for organising, preparing and follow-up on the meetings
- Organising and responsible for the system for the internal handling of the contractor’s execution and planning of documents, including review reports
- Overall responsible for ensuring that the contractor’s planning of documents is fulfilling all requirements, with support from other members of the construction team
- Be responsible for overall reviewing of the contractor’s reporting with support from other members of the construction team
- Ensure that Femern A/S’ witnessing plan of the contractor is prepared, updated and followed in all aspects of the works.
You are a dynamic and pro-active Construction Coordinator with good attention to details.
You have a degree in Civil Engineering or similar and more than 5 years’ experience from on-site construction management of complex projects.
You are professional proficient in English, since the review and communication will be in English
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills, enabling you to manoeuvre efficiently in a complex international matrix environment and having the ability to create good relationships within the team and with your stakeholders
- Practical ability to utilise critical project management concepts
- Experience in project coordination management preferably on complex civil or infrastructure projects including the understanding of how coordination management relate to other project functions such as Health and Safety, Quality, Environment, procurement, reporting, contract management etc.
What we offer
Working at this large-scale construction project represents unique opportunities for your personal and professional development. As a Construction Coordinator at Femern A/S, you will acquire a close insight into our mega immersed tunnel project in the Technical Division.
You will experience an organisation, which is constantly changing as the project develops, with a challenging and diverse working day.
Your remuneration package will be according to your qualifications and you will be offered health insurance and other staff benefits. You will be based in our Rødbyhavn Office, and working in Copenhagen occasionally.
Upload your application, CV and examination certificates using the following link by 1. December 2020.
If you have any questions about the job, you are welcome to contact our Construction Manager, Immersed Tunnel, Tomas Skjold by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interviews will be arranged on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
About Femern A/S
As project owner, Femern A/S is the company responsible for the planning, construction and operation of the world’s longest immersed tunnel, the Fehmarn-tunnel, across the Fehmarnbelt between Denmark and Germany. Femern A/S is a subsidiary company of the state-owned Sund & Bælt Group together with the Oresund Link and the Great Belt Link.
In Denmark we have offices in Copenhagen and in Rødbyhavn. We have also offices in Germany. For further information about Femern A/S and the Fehmarnbelt project, please visit www.femern.com.