It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: We believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
You will join our New Product Engineering team in Offshore Equipment. The team is responsible for designing all standard lifting and transport solutions for our new Offshore turbines. The team is closely cooperating with the Turbine Development department, making sure all new turbine components can be transported and lifted on time and on cost. We are also closely linked to the Sales & Execution organization which takes care of all customers as well as all country and harbor specific equipment.
The team is based in Brande, Denmark with cooperation partners and co-workers mainly based in Denmark and India.
How to contribute to our vision
You will be involved in developing innovative and cost-efficient concepts for new transport & lifting equipment for the next generations of wind turbines, keeping up with their steady increase in size and weight. This includes amongst other tasks:
- Developing new equipment to transport and install wind turbine blades
- Checking existing blade lifting and transport equipment for suitability with new requirements and developing retro-fit solutions if required as well as continuous cost-out activities of existing and new equipment designs
- Specification, review and approvals of deliveries from third party suppliers
- Technical alignment with various stakeholders throughout Siemens Gamesa
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for:
- A master’s degree in engineering (Mechanical-, Marine-, Civil Engineering or equivalent)
- Someone with solid knowledge of relevant standards for the area (DNVGL, Eurocode etc.)
- Someone with knowledge in structural calculations (analytical and FE), including rigging calculations for lifting equipment
- Minimum 3-4 years working experience as mechanical engineer in the Offshore industry (Wind, Oil & Gas or equivalent)
- Someone who can navigate in a huge company with many stakeholders
- Fluency in the English language both in writing and verbally is required, Danish language skills is an advantage
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Maximilian Kosmale via phone: +45 23 33 54 37
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiter an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email. We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark