Engineering Specialist with a flair for management of asset lifecycle work SCADA systems for offshore wind farms
Does your world revolve around the technical management of SCADA systems, and would you like to take on the challenge of improving cyber security through lifecycle management of our SCADA systems on offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Engineering Specialist in the SCADA team in Operations where you and your colleagues will be responsible for the overall handling and daily operation of all our production SCADA, communication and support systems. This includes being responsible for cyber security, failure analysis, technical management of lifecycle campaigns and using your specialist knowledge to guide and assist junior members of the team in delivering on the team’s results. The job will also allow you a large degree of freedom and the opportunity to affect your own workday, and a possibility to go into the field to participate in installations.
You’ll become part of a team that defines and updates all maintenance programmes related to the SCADA and communication systems on the offshore wind farms. Furthermore, we’re responsible for the cyber security on all systems, and we assist our sites in case of failures on the systems, ensuring that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are completed. These steps enable us to secure asset integrity throughout the fleet of offshore wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- support our sites by managing and following up on technical issues during operation to ensure future integrity and that corrective actions are performed in the optimal way
- manage our asset lifecycle plans and asset inventory
- manage the execution of lifecycle projects in collaboration with your colleagues, our on-site staff as well as external contractors
- ensure cyber security by proactively addressing issues and opportunities and by supporting the organisation in the implementation of new equipment
- manage discussions with supplier specialists regarding lifecycle projects as well as failure modes and upgrades.
Furthermore, you’ll actively engage with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the development of requirements for future SCADA systems in the construction of future wind farms, to ensure optimal operation throughout their lifetime.
Your competences include that you
- preferably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical/software engineering or similar engineering knowledge
- have experience with maintenance of SCADA systems and networks, preferably combined with practical knowledge of HV system design on offshore wind assets
- have project management and lifecycle management experience, preferably through practical experience of lifecycle projects from on-site installations
- have knowledge of ISO2700x, VGB s-175, NERC-CIP or similar IT security standards
- preferably have experience with failure investigation on SCADA systems.
In addition, you speak and write English fluently, while fluency in German and Danish will be considered an advantage. As a person, you have good communication skills that allow you to achieve results in teams with many stakeholders. You have a keen eye for detail and a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks. You focus on adding value and creating results, enjoy solving complex and challenging tasks and are not easily scared off when faced with challenging problems, both in an office environment as well as on site. It’ll be viewed as an advantage if you have experience from within the wind turbine industry.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 February 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Troels Rahbek Lindhard, Head of SCADA, by telephone on +45 9955 6319 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.