Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the areas of reproductive health, urology and gastroenterology, we develop medicine to help patient’s live better lives. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
Would you like to join us in a challenging position as Project Manager within Global Device R&D?
The Global Device Innovation & Development department is looking for a Project Manager, who will work in close cooperation with our drug development group. The department has responsibility from the first concept ideas to launch of medical device systems across all of the therapeutic areas, and many of the solutions we develop are drug-device combination products. You will be part of a team playing a key role in developing new drug delivery devices to support Furring’s development pipeline and commercial success. Our department is located in Copenhagen and is part of the Global Device R&D area in the Global Pharmaceutical Research & Development organization.
Your main focus is to work within the drug development projects as responsible for development of drug delivery devices to provide safe and effective, easy to use delivery of drug products for our patients. The position is an opportunity to contribute to drug delivery systems as they move from concept into design- verification and validation through clinical studies, global regulatory submission, and transfer to commercialization. For this position, the main project will initially be around a system that comprises several device elements constituting a mixing and dosing system.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Delivering defined medical device deliverables in development projects including plans, budgets and status reporting.
- Representing Global Device R&D in cross-functional project teams
- Managing collaboration and interface with external development partners
- Driving the design control process for medical devices and combination products and driving the generation of documentation for technical file / DHF in collaboration with external partners worldwide.
- Building up and continuously updating the technology landscape and market knowledge for drug delivery solutions i.e. medical devices.
The ideal candidate:
- M.Sc. in a relevant natural science, e.g. mechanical / materials / chemical engineering, pharmacy or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience within medical device development, preferably with drug-device combination product development.
- Minimum 5 years of project management of medical device development in an global context.
- Proven project coordination / management skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of CMC drug development and experience of GXP regulated work within the pharmaceutical industry, including drug-device combination products.
- You have a keen interest in developing drug delivery device solutions.
- You are motivated by working in a cross-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, transforming ideas into new innovative drug delivery solutions on the market.
- You have a quality mindset and know how to progress the projects effectively in a highly regulated industry without compromising on quality.
- You are a strong communicator of ideas, direction and solutions and are able to navigate in an environment with many stakeholders both internally and externally.
- You are fluent in English - spoken and written.
Further information about the position can be obtained by Director, Global Device Innovation & Development, Martin Pram via +45 8833 8834. Your application and CV in English should be sent as soon as possible but no later than March 15th, as we will be reviewing incoming applications on an on-going basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.