Would you like to play a significant role in building up the DevOps’ department in BEC, and to be a part of building up Center of Excellence for DevOps? And are you interested in securing a professional and relevant DevOps setup which minimizes costs and waste in development ensuring focus on lead-time? Then it might be you we are looking for.
Do you want to influence the direction of DEVOPS in BEC?
BEC has come a long way on the journey towards working with the agile implementing SAFe. Today we have 11 agile release trains (ARTs), and altogether 75 agile development teams who implement new concepts and even stronger IT-solutions for the banks.
As a DevOps architect, you will influence and define the framework of implementing DevOps in BEC. You are passionate about automation of the whole process from development to production, and you are pragmatic and good at guiding developers within the principles of DevOps. You will be working both within new cloud-based solutions in Microsoft Azure, but also older solutions such as Mainframe.
It is important that the DevOps principles being implemented, creates value for business and ultimately our customers. It must have measurable effect on waste, delivery rate and quality, and at the same time contribute to a high level of satisfaction of the employees adopting this.
Your primary tasks will to:
- contribute to BEC’s DevOps strategy, while continuously ensuring creating value
- ensure continues delivery on new projects, ’first time right’, and assist in how we include older platforms, including mainframe, on the DevOps journey
- improve monitoring and alerting for operation
- assist with the implementing of DevOps in the agile teams (eat our own dogfood)
- be internal consultant on DevOps and adviser to some teams in BEC
The position is for our HQ in Roskilde, Denmark
You are passionate about ’Continuous Delivery’
As a person, you are passionate about your job. You are good at creating relations, patient and empathic, as you will build up a big network throughout the organization. You are organized and have a good ability of thinking abstract. You possess drive and thrive on challenges, also when difficult. You are curious and are expected to keep yourself updated within the area and responsibility of the department.
Additionally, we would like you to:
- have a background as developer and a good sense of the principles of ’good code’, and preferably knowledge of tools to support this
- have previous experience in methods of DevOps, concepts, implementation or similar
- have a ’full stack’ experience, not only for developing, but also knowledge of areas like: developer tools, infrastructure, monitoring tools, network and preferably security
- have previous experience with several of the following technologies: Git, Azure, Event bus/Kafka, Docker, IaC/Terraform, Configuration Management, Logging and Application Performance Monitoring, Java, Angular, COBOL
- have a relevant analytic education within IT
- master Danish and English on a high level both written and oral
Who are we?
You will become part of a new department and with very skilled colleagues with different specializations within DevOps, both in Roskilde as well as in Poland. The department is especially attractive because of its area of focus in BEC, to ensure a higher efficiency and quality.
Can you see yourself with us?
Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume no later than April 24, 2020.
If you have any questions about the position, do not hesitate to contact department manager Lars Kalmar Hansen on +45 4638 2511. Do send your application as soon as possible, as we will conduct interviews on an on-going basis until the right candidate has been found.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder