Deputy EPC Director for offshore wind farm project
Do you want to be part of the project leadership team heading the construction of one of our offshore wind farms off the US East Coast?
Join us and become Deputy EPC Director in our Deputy EPC Directors department where you’ll be responsible for the transmission scope in our Sunrise Offshore Windfarm project. As a part of the EPC management team, your responsibilities cover array cables, offshore substations, export cables, reactive compensation stations and onshore transmission integration.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for the delivery of the scope on schedule, on budget and in the right quality and with an excellent HSE performance
- lead the project team consisting of package managers with specialists teams
- ensure alignment and agreement regarding technical matters with our external partner in the USA
- cooperate with the project development team as well as the asset management team in the process of ensuring the best concept and feasibility
- interact with external stakeholders such as suppliers to ensure progress of the scope.
You understand the technical scope, including opportunities, risks and mitigations and thus ensure that the project team will base their analysis and subsequent recommendation on the right information.
Your competences include that you
- have solid senior project manager experience within electrical engineering
- hold a master’s degree in electrical engineering, possibly supported by leadership training relevant to leading leader level
- have experience within offshore wind, as well as execution of projects outside Denmark and preferable also outside Europe
- have experience in working with contracting with multiple suppliers, preferably within FIDIC, not necessarily as contract manager, but as overall responsible for the contract scope
- are used to make agreements and align with external partners and related stakeholders.
It’s a prerequisite for success in the position that the candidate has a strong personal leadership profile. You’re expected to be fluent in English.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 2 February 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lars Ingmann, Director of Deputy EPC Directors and Project Management Support, by telephone on +45 9955 4196 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, and we expect the candidate to be open for expatriation to Providence near Boston, USA, in sufficient time before installation starts in 2022.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.