Do you want to be part of developing the future of green energy solutions for offshore wind power?
For our Offshore R&D Nacelle & Hub Department within the Technology organization, we are looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer.
The Nacelle structures are dynamical loaded components - so high requirements giving the needed robustness of the mechanical components are needed.
Here is a unique opportunity for you to develop your design skills in a very modern and entrepreneur driven R&D engineering department.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving a variety of engineering tasks on all product development stages in the Nacelle Support Structure team: From research and development to design and manufacturing, installation of prototype turbine, V&V activities and finally, handover to serial production.
You will be part of a dynamic and multicultural R&D environment in a very large and international organization where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power, contributing to future green energy solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Concept development and mechanical engineering design of mechanical subsystems and components in various materials like steel, aluminum, casted iron, composites and polymers.
- Large assemblies and advanced shapes in 3D, using NX
- Rough structural calculations (hand calculations)
- Technical documentation like 2D drafting with Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS),
- D-FMEA, EHS Design Risk Assessment, Tolerance Stack Analysis, Purchase specification, etc.
- Execute design reviews with stakeholders
- Balancing important requirements such as quality, cost, manufacturability, serviceability and EHS
- Using Teamcenter as a document management system for e.g. administration of CAD models
- Participate in prototype assembly in workshop and implement lessons learned
- Work with design improvements, cost outs etc.
- Collaboration with stakeholders throughout the value chain such as Service, Production, EHS, Prototype Workshop, Procurement and Suppliers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You probably have a bachelor or master´s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, with minimum 3 years of experience within product development and mechanical design engineering. Alternatively, you are a highly skilled recent graduate with a top educational track record.
- You are an experienced user in 3D modelling and 2D drafting in a CAD tool, preferably NX Siemens PLM software
- You have good knowledge of manufacturing processes like machining and welding. Preferably you have a craftsman background as e.g. Blacksmith, Industrial technician or Auto mechanic
- Experience with the Machinery directive 2006/42/EC will be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions. Strong desire and ability to drive improvement and change
- Self-starter, structured and pro-active problem solver that work well both independently and in teams
- High degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines
- Possess strong communication skills in English, orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Henrik Fischer Knudsen via phone: +45 30374035
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.