Communications/Network Engineer for offshore wind farms
Would you like to take up the technical challenges of ensuring optimal operation of our communication systems in the SCADA area on offshore wind farms?
Join us and become the new Communications/Network Engineer in the SCADA team in Operations where you and your colleagues will be responsible for the overall handling and daily operation of all of Offshore’s OT communication systems, including network and radio communication. This includes being responsible for cybersecurity, failure analyses and the technical management of lifecycle campaigns, and you’ll use your specialist knowledge to guide and assist junior members of the team in delivering on the team’s results. The job will also allow you a large degree of freedom and the opportunity to affect your own working day.
You’ll become part of a team that defines and updates all maintenance programmes related to the SCADA and communication systems on the offshore wind farms. Furthermore, we’re responsible for cybersecurity on all systems, and we assist our sites in case of system failures, ensuring that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are taken. These steps enable us to secure asset integrity throughout the fleet of offshore wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- secure performance across the SCADA team in solving technical issues on wind power sites and ensure an overview of issues within especially the communication and OT networks
- ensure that the right cybersecurity level is implemented on the wind power sites, fulfilling both country-specific and Group requirements
- define the strategy for how to develop the technical area and drive the different activities to implement it
- ensure that configuration management of SCADA communication is handled and that accurate records on the state of systems are available
- offer support to our sites on technical communications-related issues and projects, and secure the quality of the reporting on integrity issues and risks within area.
Furthermore, you’ll secure a strong collaboration between the central SCADA team that you’re a member of and local site staff, the Group’s IT department and external suppliers. You’ll provide technical mentorship and leadership to the SCADA network and communication team, and you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the development of requirements for future communication systems in the OT/SCADA area in the construction of future wind farms, to ensure optimal operation throughout their lifetime.
Your competences include that you
- preferably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in communication/software/network engineering or similar engineering knowledge
- have extensive experience, including with design, implementation and maintenance of communication networks (LAN and WAN), preferably in high-voltage production or other real-time environments
- preferably have experience in large-scale radio communication technology (specifically TETRA) and a strong understanding of telecom networks
- have knowledge within ISO2700x, VGB s-175, NERC-CIP or similar IT security standards and experience in implementing cybersecurity directives in communication networks
- have extensive experience configuring, commissioning and troubleshooting network equipment (firewalls, routers, switches, etc.), and possibly with implementation of virtual environments.
In addition, you have experience leading small high-performing teams of network and communication professionals throughout challenging and fast-paced projects and/or industries. You speak and write English fluently, and it’ll be considered an advantage if you speak and write German.
As a person, you have good communication skills, allowing you to achieve results in teams with many stakeholders. With a keen eye for detail and a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, you focus on adding value and creating results, and you enjoy solving complex and challenging tasks. It’ll be viewed as an advantage if you have experience from within the wind turbine industry. It’ll also be viewed as an advantage if you’re fluent in Danish.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 20 February 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Troels Rahbek Lindhard, Head of SCADA, by telephone on +45 9955 6319 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.