Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Novozymes IT you help empower people, enable decision making and create the agility that will strengthen Novozymes’ competitive edge and extend the reach of our biological answers.
Cloud Engineer, Novozymes IT, Lyngby, DK
Do you want to be part of a highly skilled team, working with the newest emerging technologies? Our job is to ensure that many parallel IoT and Big Data initiatives in the Novozymes business units are established on a uniform set of processes, supported by cloud and/or open source tools, delivered within frameworks on a shared platform supporting the various needs of business units. Initiatives will go through different stages of development through to production and they must be supported accordingly throughout this lifecycle.
We are looking for a highly motivated Cloud Engineer with a background in DevOps/SRE software development and focus on infrastructure and operations. Your role will be a central part of how a Continuous Delivery pipeline is delivered and configured for optimal performance in every environment, going all the way from idea through the local developer environment to production. Together, we will be setting new standards for developer productivity across Novozymes!
Your responsibilities will include building, maintaining and improving the infrastructure and processes and designing Infrastructure with strict Security principles. You will help to deploy applications and services to production and ensure fast delivery through the Continuous Delivery pipeline. You will also identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity as well as defining standards and best practices to be shared with other developers across organization.
If you prefer to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements and on top of that have a good sense of humor and can communicate well with people from different organizational units, we have an excellent opportunity with lots of development possibilities and work/life balance.
The position is based in Lyngby at our new Innovation Centre just north of Copenhagen and is on local employment terms.
In this role you need:
- Public cloud platform expert knowledge, especially AWS and/or Azure
- A background as Linux/Windows system administrator or backend developer
- A solid understanding of on-premises technologies (e.g. VMware, OpenStack or Hyper-V) and solid understanding of Active Directory and ADFS
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform) and large scale application deployment and management
- Creating solution architectures for availability, performance and cost
- Configuration management systems (one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar) and container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm)
- Experience with or strong interest in IoT/sensor-to-cloud and experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment environments
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a technical field coupled with practical experience
- A curious, self-driven personality, thrive working with complicated problem solving, and be good at building up new competences in an independent and motivated manner
- To be ahead of the game; you seek out development potentials and possess the personal skills to drive these forward
- Possess excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com ;
For more information please contact Head of Enterprise Architecture & Emerging Technologies, Henrik Langebjerg, by phone +45 3077 3165.
Application deadline: April 22, 2019. Please send your application online as soon as possible, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma(s) when you apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.