About the position
Integrated in the LAC (Loads, Aerodynamics and Control) Unit in Service Technology and working assigned to some of the Siemens Gamesa platforms, the Chief Software Engineer mission is to assure the technical coordination in the different projects, of the tasks and knowledge involving the wind turbine software in LAC area, and assume the technical responsibility over these disciplines assuring that the works are done conform the standards and technical criteria defined at unit level.
For that you will lead a team of software engineers located in different countries that work in the platform projects, covering the wind-turbine operation, control and supervision software development, the software validation, its integrity and the emission process. The goal is to achieve the technical solution of the turbine control that will be more important for you than working with the latest development languages and tools
As Chief Software Engineer, you will interact with many stakeholders, from other disciplines working in the same platform (functional, mechanical, electrical) and from other business units (onshore and offshore), having a good transversal overview of the wind turbine functionalities and of the solutions for the on-field issues in the deployed fleet.
What are my responsibilities?
- Perform the technical coordination inside platforms of the tasks and knowledge regarding the WTG software development, integrity, validation and emission
- Handle in a proper manner the software requirements and their detailing in a sufficient level to decide the direction of the technical solution to be adopted for their implementation in the software.
- Assume the technical responsibility of these disciplines inside the platform assuring that the works are done conform the standards and technical criteria defined at unit level.
- Add value and technical criteria to the platform chief engineer facilitating technical agreements and participating actively on the risk evaluation of technical decisions.
- Collaborate with the project managers and the chief engineers in the evaluation of the project plans, in terms of dates, costs and efforts, trying to adapt the technical solutions to the project needs
- Collaborate with the team leaders and unit manager to ensure the application of the latest knowledge to the platforms, contribute and foster cross disciplinary collaboration and create, maintain and develop the technology discipline network
- Cooperate with the team leaders and the unit manager in the specification and development of new technical procedures/methodologies or tools needed to improve the team performance and knowledge
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a background within Software, Telecommunications or Industrial Engineering areas
- You have technical experience (5-7 years) in software development systems, tools and procedures for WTG embedded software
- You have experience and knowledge in software management and integrity tools and processes and the full software life cycle management
- You have basic knowledge and experience related to wind turbines and wind energy disciplines
- You have experience in technical analysis presentations preparation and initial experiences in economic feasibility proposals preparation
- You have some first experiences in technical management and leadership of, multicultural and multisite software engineering teams
- As a person you are proactive, a good team player, persistent and self-driven.
- You have good leadership, communication and negotiation abilities
- You have full professional competences in English
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Ángel Martín da Silva via mail ANGEL.MARTIN@siemensgamesa.com
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.