Bid Manager for our Maldives Division
On the Maldives we are working on all aspects of construction- and civil engineering projects in connection with the establishment and renovation of holiday resorts as well as marine works and revetments. You will play an important role in the division working closely with your colleagues in our Maldives main office and will also be supported by the main organization in Denmark with relevant competencies and productional support.
Your base will be the office in Male, Maldives with a direct reference to our local General Manager who is the overall responsible for handling customers, tenders and execution of all our projects in the area.
Area of responsibility
Your main responsibility will be to ensure that all areas of a tender are uncovered before the tender is being presented for the internal MT Højgaard Contract Counsil for sparring and approval.
One of our main participants involved in working with the sales relations and customer care.
Accountable for maintaining our local sales and tender databases ie. SalesForce.
- Fronting the full tender process internally and towards the contract council
- Deliver detailed tender material and administer all tender documents and revisions of same
- Assemble offers on deliverances and sub-contractors
- Discuss terms, conditions and technical aspects with sub-contractors during the tender phase
- Assist project managers with contracting of vendors and sub-contractors
- Discuss and revise project managers on project execution and help optimizing the project
- Ensure that updated information about our market and competitors are available
- Gather and carry out calculations to support the tenders
- Prepare and revise tenders including method statements, time- and personel plans
- Participate in contract negotiations and ensure that a proper hand over is made to the project manager responsible for carrying out the project.
For all these tasks you will have a competent, knowledgeable and supportive backbone both in the Maldives and in the Danish organization to depend on.
A little bit about you
We expect you to have a strong commercial experience and an educational background as an engineer or building constructor. Experience with working abroad or in joint ventures would be considered an advantage. You carry out your work with a high degree of professionalism and hold a vast experience within contracting and tendering. This is ideally combined with a good insight into methodologies in construction and civil engineering techniques.
We believe that you will thrive in an international environment where you will have a fairly wide stretched frame for carrying out your work. You can use your strong communication skills to ensure a good dialog with all parties involved in the tender and act as a strong builder of long lasting relations. You set high standards for yourself and the team without compromising the ethics of working in a multi-cultural team.
How to apply
If this unique opportunity has caught your professional interest please do not hesitate to reach out to us with a resume and an application.
We would like to hear from you no later than the 15/12 2018.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.