Azure BI Consultant
Do you want to work with the latest services in data analytics? And are you ready to build and maintain BI solutions in Azure, becoming our in-house expert?
“We are in the process of implementing a new and modern data platform in the Azure cloud, and you get to play a key role in this transformation,” explains Jesper Andersen, Head of Data Insights & Advanced Analytics, whom you will be reporting to.
Join a team of experts to help shape our new self-service platform
At GN, our mission is to be the leader in intelligent audio solutions – from smart hearing aids to advanced headsets and true wireless earbuds. Joining our Data Insights and Advanced Analytics team in Group IT, you will become part of a growing team consisting of 8 colleagues based at our HQ in Ballerup and 10 colleagues working out of our office in Manila. Together, we provide our business units with first-class reporting and analytical solutions to support their continuous development and growth.
We want to make it easier for employees – from executives to frontline workers – to get useful business insights from data, and we are therefore in the process of implementing self-service BI capabilities. Thus, our goal is to provide our colleagues across GN with modern and intuitive reporting and analytical tools working on top of a solid data foundation. Azure will be the platform for our operational reporting and analytics, and this is where we need you.
Build our BI solutions in Azure
Your task will be to modernize and extend our existing BI and Analytics landscape. You will do so by developing and maintaining BI solutions in Azure to support operational processes across GN, utilizing data from a wide range of internal and external data sources. Therefore, a key task will be to work with BI super users, business process experts and other key stakeholders across business units to define information needs and translate these into BI solutions. Moreover, your tasks include:
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, modifying and supporting back-end BI solutions on the Azure platform
- Ensuring BI solutions are developed in line with agreed best practices and following relevant BI policies and principles
- Monitoring operating efficiency and proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and optimization of implemented solutions
- Ensuring that a proper security and authorization set-up is in place to control access to data
“You get to explore Azure, adding to your experience and toolbox, and you’ll work with stakeholders across our business, exploring their needs and earning you lots of exposure and learning opportunities.” – Jesper.
You are curious by nature and eager to explore Azure
Likewise, you are always willing to explore new technologies and pursue new knowledge with the same fervor. You understand how business needs driving demand for data. It is also vital that you know how to work cross-functionally, making good use of your excellent interpersonal skills. Moreover, you bring:
- A relevant degree within IT, engineering, finance or a similar field
- Ideally some experience with Microsoft Azure data and analytics services, e.g. Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Database or Azure Synapse
- Experience with SQL and T-SQL – knowledge of other programming languages such as C#, Java, Python or PowerShell is an additional asset
- Knowledge of general data warehouse principles and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills in English
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than November 19th, 2020. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Data Insights & Advanced Analytics, Jesper Andersen on +45 2892 5607.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.